Going from D22 to D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulyB

Reaction score
Need a bit of advice or comments. I'm thinking of trading in my 2011 D22 in on a new D40 ST because of the deals that Nissan have on offer at present.
I use it for work and play (Carpenter/ Hunting). so what I'm after is some advice, dumb move or go for it? pros and cons.
Finance and change over dollars is OK.
I end up with the same repayments but with a $15,000 balloon at the end. Don't forget I can use it as a tax break.
Whats your thoughts
Pauly B

I made the move almost 3yrs ago and im now on my second D40, i put 100k on the first one and sold it to my brother, its still going grea.
he is a builder and i have a roofing business and they are good utes for all my work and play needs for me and my two kids.
The new ST is great with all the little extras like 140kw 440nm torque, traction control, 60/40 split rear seats, climate control ect.

As i have said before with the traction control they will go places my old D22 and D40 just would not of got to or if they did i would of been hitting things at all sorts of silly speeds to get up or clear sections i now cruse over.

I say go for it, im stoked with my new ST and they seem to have ironed out the problems previous models had with clutches and timing chains.

Last edited:
Hi mate that's a fairly well discussed topic and everyone has mixed opinions but you are obviously improving yourself and getting a more comfy ride with more grunt providing you get a good trade on the 22 why not as you said it's a tax dodge the recent d40 negativity of late i would take with a grain of salt good luck with whatever you decide.
John

Except that my mrs got a brand new kluger 6 months ago I would be very seriously looking at doing the same thing. I can never make my 22 as large or comfy as a40 and it will cost me heaps to make it anywhere near as powerfull. I use mine for work as well, with the tax advantages it would be hard to pass up. Ben

If your going to find yourself doing long trips. The D40 it will be a good move and you'll feel a lot better at the end of those long trips. That is not is not to take anything away from the 22, it's good value for money with less complexity in some ways which perhaps makes it a little more robust.

I love my D22 but lets face it, they're a farm truck, robust and simple. A D40 would be far better for long distance touring and if heavy towing was involved an auto.

D40 is really good for long trips as i used it on my every long trip..
It never disappoint me and i am very happy with my D40

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back