G'day from an Old Fart from the Hunter Valley

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cage

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm in the throes of updating the '86 SD33T diesel Patrol, my fourth Patrol. It's like me, approaching it's 'Use By Date', well maybe not, I think it's got more K's left in it than I have.

Anyway I've decided if I don't do 'The Cape' and the Gibbs River Road soon, I'll be too ferkin' decrepit. I'm also a keen amateur photographer with a real love for our big red paddock. I did a little 22,000K run, mostly Highway 1 in the late 90's on my 1200 Bandit, so I have a rough idea of the lay of the land.

Having owned two GT Falcons, a 1275cc Cooper "S", a few other lusty 351's and the Bandit, I think I'm over the 'Hero' stuff but I'm looking for reliable and tough. I guess these days I'm more of a 'Go far' than a 'Go fast' sort of bloke.

Have pruned my list down to the Navara D22 ST-R. Others on my list were the D40, BT-50.

Anyway, as you have already sussed, I waffle on a bit.

I have some specific questions for D22 owners which I'll post in the appropriate forum.

Oh, and I loved reading sparra04's build thread.

Cheers
Cage

G'day and welcome from an old fart (well maybe not that old at 46) from the Blue Mountains, a nice list of classics there for sure, the go far instead of go hard approach works for me too these days.
Theres plenty of helpful people around too for any questions you have on the beloved farm truck D22 if that's the way you go.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm a bit older than you, retired actually, and I don't have a problem with the 'agricultural' leanings of the D22. IMHO, the less electronic doodads, the less things there are to stuff-up.

Cheers

Welcome aboard.

As long as you don't have tall passengers in back the D22 isn't bad. You might choose to change the front seats (Sparra can tell you about those too, as can ScottyBobcat).

G'day Cage, as one old fart to another, (I've been retired 8 years) the D22 is a great vehicle for the go far rather than go fast driver. I have had mine for nearly 7 years and have towed our van from one side of the country to the other and back plus a lot of trips around Queensland (I too love our big backyard). I figure the Nav will outlast me.

Welcome aboard.

As long as you don't have tall passengers in back the D22 isn't bad. You might choose to change the front seats (Sparra can tell you about those too, as can ScottyBobcat).

I reckon the front seats would be the most uncomfortable I can remember sitting in, so they are at the top of my list of mods.

The back seat I'll probably remove and use the area for storage.

Thanks all for the welcome.

Welcome, have you had a look at the Dmax? I herd they are the toughest most reliable ute on the market to date!!

G'day Cage, as one old fart to another, (I've been retired 8 years) the D22 is a great vehicle for the go far rather than go fast driver. I have had mine for nearly 7 years and have towed our van from one side of the country to the other and back plus a lot of trips around Queensland (I too love our big backyard). I figure the Nav will outlast me.

G'day mate, you sound about my vintage.

I lived on the coast for twenty years and spent a fair bit of time in Mudgeeraba and Mt Tamborine.

Latest posts

Back