G'day All, new member here, and thoughts on Navara??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pagey_26

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just been looking at becoming a Navara driver, Found a 2007 Navara Duel cab, 2.5TD, 6sp Manual, 118,000kms, few scratches, nothing major, has had Heavy duty spring fitted by Nissan to accommodate the Nissan factory Bull Bar, and has had the Clutch/Pressure Plate/Flywheel replaced at approx 86,000. (By Nissan)
Drives smooth and Immaculate inside.
$29,000 seem like a reasonable price?

Cheers Guys and Girls.

Also, if looking at a chip, whats good for the 07' D40's, and is an exhaust recommended as well?

Welcome to the forum.

Exhausts have been a contentious subject. Some say the 2.5" is more than enough, others say 3" is mandatory and yet you'll see a 5litre V8 with a smaller exhaust ... so the jury really is out, we're still listening to argument from both sides at the moment. Suffice to say that if you want to spend the coin, do so and see for yourself.

If the clutch has just been done and you don't want to tow anything with it, it'll be a good car (don't ride the clutch = longer clutch life). The clutch is way too light duty for these vehicles, and have been a thorn in the side of the owners of D40 manuals.

Nissan would have fitted those springs as part of the recall for the bonnet retention strap, so they weren't being generous - just following recall procedures.

Is it a reasonable price? Yep. The D40 is a lovely vehicle. If yours already has some kit added to it that's rather cool. At 118,000km it's still a youngster, so treat it right and as long as it's not a well-disguised lemon, it'll treat you well.

On the lemon issue: some cars just are and they're damn hard to spot. You either get one that can make it across an intersection without losing another bolt, or you have one that needs to be shot & buried. Happens to all makes, models and manufacturers and the only way to prevent it is to choose something from Nike instead.

Cheers Scotty and Tony.
Ended up getting her, Drove back from Wollongong to Newcastle.
I must say, a pleasure to drive. Even through Sydney.
Going up the hills at the Hawkesbury part of the F3, straight up in 6th, I was very impressed, grinning all the was home.
Only thing I have noticed, when turning left, there is a noise, sounds like maybe front left wheel bearing getting worn? Only being my first 4WD, still getting used to the different noises.
So, considering the power it has, I'm not overly anxious to get a chip, HOWEVER, if it means increased fuel economy, then it may be still on the cards.

Latest posts

Back