Fuse Block/ Switch Panel Wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obr1en

Reaction score
I am looking at installing a dual battery system using a Ctek DC-DC Charger in the tub of my D40.

So far i have worked out the wiring arrangement for charging the Aux. Battery and now I am trying to plan the setup of accessories. I was looking at installing a Narva 12way fuse block straight of the Aux batt then take each accessory of its own circuit with appropriate wiring to suit.

If i was to install a switch panel for say (camp lights/ fridge power/ air compressor/ roof top lighting) how would i go about wiring from the fuse block to the switch panel.

I ask as i have noticed most switch panels (Baintech/Narva etc) seem to come prewired with blade fuses in the back. Does this mean i might be wasting time with the fuse block?

Thanks if anyone can assist.

I reckon you've just about answered your own question there. It depends on the switch panel you get. It also depends if you want to use the fuses in the switch panel or run a separate fuse box. The good thing about the narva fuse box is that the power and earth cables from the accessory both go back to the box, so it eliminates a lot of messy wiring running all over the place. Personally I'd be getting a basic switch panel with say carling switches in it and no fuses and getting one of those fuse boxes to go with it. That's how mine will probably end up. I have bits on the way, just trying to work out if I need 12 fuses...

Last edited:
No need for the fuse block if you get a switch panel with fuses, although you'd still need the cable running to the switch panel from the battery fused

All depends on what switch panel you get. If it's not individually fused you'll need a fuse block

I'm not sure what the narva panels look like but if they don't have a common bus (one cable going in then splitting) then you might be better off getting a fuse block that has one and grabbing a basic switch panel without fuses

Latest posts

Back