Fuel econ & towing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugh9359

Reaction score
Gday,i normally get 700ks+ out of a tankfull[best iv had is 780],towed the boat to Bermagui last week & dropped to 500ks a tank.I knew it would use more,just asking what other people are getting?Nav towed it great,100ks an hour & only had to drop it back to 4th on some of the hills.Boat is 4.8 plate Formosa cc,50 yammy on back approx. weight 900kilos & its a big wide bastard,2.2m on 6m Dunbier.All feedback welcome.Hugh

That's about right Hugh for the weight the van you see in my signature is around 1.6 tonne i always get around 700+ with the van 500 and she is on e back off to 90-95 see how that goes if you are in 2 lanes remember it's not all the weight that plays a part the wind resistance on a boat or van is huge.
John

Yes the boat makes the car look small & it doesn't have a cover,so its like towing a big bucket.Hugh

Last edited:
Yes the boat makes the car look small & it doesn't have a cover,so its like towing a big bucket.Hugh
Arrh there is your problem it's like a scoop i picked up a van for a mate 3.1tonne i f=ing felt it and i exceeded my towing legally and yes despite the weight it towed perfect but may i say this is a rare case and i was overweight but the van once going was great fuel was about 18 ltrs per 100 in the 22 normal is 9 to 10 unladen.

Your economy is very similar to mine. I don't ever really get to drive without a trailer as I tow one for work 6 days a week. I just got a new trailer which is a 7x5 and quite high so a good wind catcher. My last fill up yesterday was 60l for 470km no fuel light so I'd say empty would of got about 520-530km. It worked out to 13.05l/100km. That's towing 900kg to 1000kg with 32" muddies with steel bar and winch on the front.

I'm hoping with an exhaust I can drop it down 1l/100km

-Tyler

Same about that with my old rig 1lt to 8.5 to 10 km with out trailer and 6 to 8.5 kml with it and both ute and trailer usaully have crates on them

Towing a horse float with horse, looking at 1900kg I was seeing little to no difference in economy. Being the tow was only about 60km a week.
The 22 towed flawlessly but towing is a very different thing when there are moving animals in the back.

On 22k now and still hitting consistent 750 - 800km/per tank. Live it.

Hugh9359 i have exactly the same issue! i used to get 720/730 to a tank unladen but now i'm lucky if i get 520, not sure what's going on and i service it every 5000k's and have done since 42000 currently has 267000 on it.

Latest posts

Back