Fuel Delivery Failure - SOLVED (was Need help/advise)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad_86

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have owned my 2004 d22 zd30 navara for 2 weeks now. I did a service on the weekend changed the fuel filter and primped pump is not getting hard think it might not be sealing properly, I bought a genuine filter yesterday which had the extra oring and it's still not getting hard, I had a gu td42t ute before and never had this problem, any ideas.

Thanks

Last edited:
If you didn't clamp the fuel line just before the filter, the fuel may have drained all the way back to the tank. It might take a fair amount of squeezing to get it going. It would pay to check the surface of the primer bulb for cracking, it's 12 years old and could easily have begin to perish.

If you didn't clamp the fuel line just before the filter, the fuel may have drained all the way back to the tank. It might take a fair amount of squeezing to get it going. It would pay to check the surface of the primer bulb for cracking, it's 12 years old and could easily have begin to perish.

I don't think this would be a bulb, it would be the black knob you press down. If you clamped the hose don't do as I did once...I pumped hell out of it and couldn't get any fuel, then I suddenly remembered the clamp was still on the suction hose lol

Hey everyone thanks for all the tricks that I need to know for next time,
I went and got a new fuel filter primer pump yesterday for it, and as soon as I tried the new one I knew something was wrong with mine, put the filter on the new one primed it went hard after a few pumps, tried starting the car while someone was priming it and it fired right up, and all runs sweet. Thank god
Once again that's for all you help

Latest posts

Back