Fuel consumption.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a measure of my 2006 D22 T/D on my recent trip home wih it. Vehicle was empty and I was sitting on about 100-110 k/ph. Between Biloela and Townsville I travelled 923 kms and used 90.54 litres. That works out at 10.16 l/100kms so I'm pretty happy with that.

Russ

It is better than 10.16. 10.16 is how many km per litre you are doing. To get litres per 100, you need to then divide 100 by 10.16 and the answer is actually 9.81l/100kms so you would have to be even happier with that.

lil update on my 'good' driver practical test...

currently after driving 95+% throughout just through urban areas and 2 freeway/highway runs whilst keeping the revs 95+% of the time at 2000 or below i am currently on my final quarter of the fuel tank and i've travelled 693km...

pretty good i think!

Hope you're fuel gauge is accurate or you might be in for a surpise before you know it

I haven't found out what the D40 light limit is suppose to be. Any of my other new cars had it in the owners manual and then you could choose to believe it or not but I never found it in the Nav book. I've heard conflicting stories of anything from 5 litres to 20 but I guess that could be an accuracy thing as well given that it doesn't take much to make a fuel gauge wrong.

I once got 80k really pushing it though when the light came on, i thought the car would have stopped, i made it to the servo and filled up but it still didnt start i had to prime/pump the pump under the bonnet to bring the pressure back up.

Usually around town i comfortably see 40k and about 2 to3l left in the tank.

I haven't found out what the D40 light limit is suppose to be.

Mine came on with 17 litres still in the tank. Well, maybe - I refilled the tank with 63 litres, but since my Commodore had a 75 litre tank and I could only ever get 66 litres into it, I have my doubts about the accuracy of the size of the tanks as well.

reserve tank in D22 is 10L, same with most other 4bies i know of...(that dont have twin tanks...)

Just filled my Navara up.

Every sort of driving imaginable on the tank.

200km's of sitting on 120km/h non stop.

1052km's travelled and she took 108L of fuel.

Thats 10.27L/100km's, pretty happy with that.

Still had 17L left in the tank, didn't see the fuel light come on either.

So a safe range of 1150km's is do-able out of the tank.

Dave.

I drove for about 15k's yesterday after my fuel light came on, put 65 litres in to fill it to the neck. Just the stock tank.

It is better than 10.16. 10.16 is how many km per litre you are doing. To get litres per 100, you need to then divide 100 by 10.16 and the answer is actually 9.81l/100kms so you would have to be even happier with that.

G'day Big Orse you're exactly right mate - my mistake! I must admit I didn't pay to much attention to the metric calculation as I generally calculate fuel consumption into a miles per gallon format in order to get my head around it. A bit better than 28 mpg so I reckon that's alright.

Cheers,

Russ

ok, of just urban driving with 3 short highway/freeway runs i got 787.5km with 71.5L of fuel which works out to be...

9.07L per 100km

not bad, but i guess i could do better!

EDIT: and thats just on Shell diesel

Last edited:
Im currently on 700k with a quarter tank left and iv been using air con most of the week, a lot of hill driving on freeway too going to my property, and sitting at 125km/h on one of the hills yesterday in 5th so a patrol could not catch up to me. Feels good when the younger sibling of the clan can be in charge.

I should mention too that i NEVER fill up at local servos only at truck stop servos, unless obviously out in bush or country towns.
And i try only use mobil/bp or caltex in that preferance.

Hey guys,

I've put 6 tanks through my Nav now. So far it's not too bad, but I'm hoping it'll loosen up abit.

2008 Single Cab Nav.
Weight: No Idea, maybe 100 kgs over Stock
Mods. Bullbar, 265/75 AT's

Best: 11.04
Worst: 13.15
Average: 11.88

If it gets below 10 i'll be a happy man, below 9 would be f*ckin awesome.

Cheers,
James.

I'm the same, Caltex being my preferred fuel. Several reasons:

1) Shell tend to price their fuel higher. My local shell won't display the price of diesel and when you get to the pump after waiting ages in line, it's already 4c a litre dearer than Caltex's price. BP comes in 2c/litre dearer than Caltex.

2) If I use a Woolworths voucher at Caltex, I'm saving 8c per litre compared to Shell, and 6c/litre compared to BP.

3) Caltex use "up to 2% biodiesel" in their diesel. In all that research about using 2-stroke fuels, I noticed that the best thing to put in your fuel to help reduce problems with the DPF was 5% biodiesel. Okay, 2% isn't 5%, but it's closer than 0%. Gimme.

I won't stop anywhere that doesn't have a decent turnover of diesel. The Caltex I use always sees small trucks and 4WDs at those bowsers. Don't see a lot at the Shell or the BP. When we're on the road, we look for servos that have good open entries and easy turning access to the diesel pumps - not only because we are pulling 7.5m of van behind us, but because if they are built like that, it's to let the trucks in and out - and they'd only go to that trouble if there was a need to do so.

Ok I can understand filling up a places with high turn over, high turn over probably means less chance of crappy fuel, although not always, but if you take prices out of the equation does it change the choice.

I'm not partial to any company, although Mobil's around here are usually over priced so I don't use their servos, but if the price is right and I have to rely on a servo any flavour with High flow bowsers gets my business.

I hope no one is partial to Mobil any way, word I've heard from our local mobile distribution center is that Mobil is moving out of retail in Australia and focusing only on refining.

D40 King Cab Pickup with hard top

From new just under 10liters per 100klms

Seems to be improving with every tank

Always run on Caltex fuel from a garage frequented by the local truckies

Back