Flexible Brake Upgrade

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have just finished installing some new Flexible Brake lines and the job was easier than I thought it would be
this is what I installed
785-1355-large.jpg

from here
http://au-shop.safebrake.com.au/product.php?id_product=785

Basically for the rear it was remove the 10mm swage nut from the existing line , remove the retainer clip, install the new line, replace the clip and tighten the 10mm nut again

Front was same on the top side and on the bottom it was under the banjo bolt and install the new line with new bolt and copper washers.

Brake bleeding was easier than expected and i did it by myself. Bought a cheap "one mane brake bleeder" from Repco and followed the instructions. Loosen the bleeder about a turn , connect the bleeder tube and then pump the brake pedal by hand being careful not to push too hard or too far.
Used about a bottle and a half of Penrite Dot4 Brake fluid .

Tools required
10mm pipe spanner ( for the brake lines )
10mm ring spanner ( for the bleeder nipples )
12mm spanner ( for the factory banjo fitting bolts )
14mm spanner (for the new banjo fitting bolts )

End result
My seat driven BakeOmeter says about a 30% better feeling pedal to the point i can get the ABS a thumping without trying too hard so way way better feeling pedal

Front are same left and right
20130426_111721_zpse158b14f.jpg

Rear Drivers side
20130426_111818_zpsfc74d3f6.jpg

Rear Passengers side
20130426_111808_zps1e744f64.jpg

Conclusion
Bang for buck this is a great upgrade and apart from having a few minor leaks that easily nipped up and stopped it was an easy enough job to do at home .Total time about 3 hours but I was cleaning up as I went

Feel free to ask questions as I am bound to have forgotten something lol

Last edited:
Noice....

Been thinking about the doing braided lines to improve braking feel when dragging the van around. Nice to see the result :)

Just emailed them regarding d22 lines. They look very well made and high quality. Would happily replace mine with them.

Very nice work btw.

Rusty

Just got the reply.

Hi Russell,

Happy to have heard one of our customer happy with SAFEBRAKE products performance.
Unfortunately, we unable to make kit for D22 until at least 2 months later. We are currently manufacturing
the end-fittings for D22 & Patrol application.

However, I keep* your enquiry in record and will let you know when we are ready to supply.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Regards,
Alan

Still 2months away. Hanging out for the return email though

Rusty

Latest posts

Back