Fibreglass canopy with roof rack

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a 2008 dual cab with a Flexiglass canopy (Fibreglass type with a rear & near side opening out windows) I wish to fit a roof/boat rack onto the canopy to carry my 12' tinnie.....has anyone got a similar fitting? If so was it special make or off showroom floor. Thanks Robert.

What brand?

It was mentioned Flexiglass.

A bloke out at work got a Flexiglass but had to make a special order for racks. Another bloke made up a frame under the canopy that then had bolts through the conopy to a roof rack/cage sorta thing for his tinny.

A 12' tinny should weigh about 85-90kg which is a little too much weight for a fibreglass canopy that doesn't have a steel subframe (especially when you consider that your racks will add another few kg to that as well). It will need a frame beneath it to give it the support it needs, or the corners could end up fracturing.

There's a mob in Perth called sports range 4x4 that sell the subframe for inside the canopy. They sell rebadged flexiglass but I'm not sure if the older style ones were the same rebadged canopies or not.

Latest posts

Back