Factory shocks = CHEAP SHITE

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Krankin

Do yourselves a favour.... if you've still got factory shocks on your '22....FARKIN turf em.... even if you only have 10K on the clock..they are pityfull.

new Bilsteins went in today :tazzy::tazzy::tazzy:

thanks Dave for the heads up how bad oem shocks are and the tip on the Bils..

Good move Krankin and yes the standard shocks are pitiful. That goes for D40's to. Changed to Bilstiens at about 15,000k's. More than just better, it transformed it into a different truck to drive.

Yep Bilstein make an awesome shock, should come with them from the factory, I'd gladly pay the extra $7-800

its hard to believe how bad the stockies are till u take them out and put new ones in

Cool,

I ordered a pair of fronts for mine Saturday. Will report the results.

Regards

Greg

the front Bilsteins went in today. What a difference..The jarring over small rough stuff is gone..the whole car is more comfortable.

Go Bilstein.

Greg

Good move Krankin and yes the standard shocks are pitiful. That goes for D40's to. Changed to Bilstiens at about 15,000k's. More than just better, it transformed it into a different truck to drive.

yep, total different vehicle

had 10k on my d40 suspension.
because i had shit box before d40, I actually liked d40 OEM suspension. didn't expect any better ride from new shock. only wanted lift and worrying if it's gonna get worse.
dang i was wrong. lift kit from OME changed whole car around.
it feels totally different. definately worse changing it if you have $$$.

How much do a set of Bilsteins go for, and what exactly do I order ?
We mainly use the D22 for towing our camper and touring (bitumen and dirt), so I don't want or need a suspension lift.
I do however want a better ride and less bottoming out from the front end, so is that what I'll get with only a set of quality shocks, or do I need to do more ??
Thanks
Tim

If your car is bottoming out at the front end.. it might be worth checking the ride height and adjustment of the torsion bars.
Do you have a bull bar, lights, winch etc on the front? or standard?

Do you have a bull bar, lights, winch etc on the front? or standard?
Just the factory steel bar fitted, and when I mentioned the extra weight when I ordered the car I was led to believe that a torsion bar adjustment was part of the deal (fitted from new), but looking at the clearance before the bumpstops cop it - maybe not ......

Last edited:
How much do a set of Bilsteins go for, and what exactly do I order ?
We mainly use the D22 for towing our camper and touring (bitumen and dirt), so I don't want or need a suspension lift.
I do however want a better ride and less bottoming out from the front end, so is that what I'll get with only a set of quality shocks, or do I need to do more ??
Thanks
Tim

Go onto E shocks in the USA. D22 are called Frontier there. To Confirm the Part Numbers are 24-187824 front and 24-021289 rear. They are sold for $69.75 each USD. I bought mine and the total cost for the set of four is $400.00 AUS Delivered including freight. Delivery from the USA Door to door was 4 days...

Regards

Greg

Hey mate, are those the part numbers for a 2 inch lifted D22?
Eshocks has 98 to 2003 frontiers with a lift listed as 24-187824 (B46-1099) fronts and the rears as 24-021289 (B46-2128).
Did they fit your truck fine?
Im looking at an australian site with bilsteins for sale for a lifted D22 and the part numbers for the front match up, but the rear pair don't, they have B46-0258 listed as the rears.
Can you enlighten me any? lol.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back