Extended warranty

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobjtls

Reaction score
After successfully getting my D22 turbo charger replaced under warranty, our local Nissan rep is offering a special price For me taking out 3 year extended warranty, just over $1200 for three years.

Has anyone got any feedback as to the value of the warranty? Our thoughts are to take the increase time offer, allowing an extra 3 years to reach the 100K milestone.

Some of the posts on this forum make me think twice about relying on Nissan to honour such a warranty especially since, as an extended optional warranty, the conditions associated with the original new car warranty don't apply. For example, they require the use of genuine Nissan parts in all servicing and I am sure that using the car in 4WD mode would negate things. Using a third party to service the car would also present a problem, as I have just found with the turbo charger incident.

All feedback appreciated.

Bobj

I dont do alot of Kms so i took out the extended warranty for my D40 but i dont mind getting it serviced at my local dealer the 2 times a year so HOPEFULLY if i ever need it they will come to the party.

Read the fine print.
AFAIK, it s a dealer warranty and not not a Nissan warranty. Mine siad that all I got back was the amount I paid up front in parts. It didn't cover labour(?) or the other way around and it didn't cover what the Nissan warranty covered. I had to tell them three times that I couldn't see any value in it before they started taking notice.

Nissan factory extended warranty is worth it. Dealer warranty no so much

Nissan factory extended warranty is worth it. Dealer warranty no so much

This is correct.
I have had the GENUINE NISSAN extended warranty twice now. Ask for the product disclosure statement and clearly understand what you are buying. It is a good product IMO, all my claims have been honoured. Paid for itself on the D40 easily.

Last edited:
Wow. My dealer offered me the three year for free as long as I serviced my car at their dealership. I didn't bother because the amount they are charging for services and what they actually do in the service didn't cut it. I go above and beyond with my services for half the price and get a lot more done with what I think better quality oils and parts anyway. Keep your money on the bank and service it yourself with all the good stuff and buy yourself a chip, bull bar or something for Xmas.

Cheers brad.

Back