extended U bolts needed??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson25

Reaction score
HI Gents,

i have a 2012 D40 running a 2" Lift currently.
I have just ordered strut spacers and blocks for a little more lift.
Rear blocks are 1 1/4 inches and the front strut spacers are around 1 1/2 inch.

my question is will i need longer U bolts when fitting the blocks??

In short yes
recommendation is always new U Bolts when you swap springs however installing blocks requires longer U bolts

If I read it right you want to run 3 1/2" of lift in the front.Might cause a few issues with camber and CV angles .May also require an engineers report to stay legal.

where can i get longer U bolts??

i understand i will have issues with camber and CV angles, i will be fitting new UCA's eventually to correct this problem. can't have engineered as strut spacers are illegal in NSW.
i cant really do anything else as i need to lift the nose it just bottoms out on everything off road.

ok so attemoted to fit blocks and spacers myself.. FAIL.
had the 30,000km service done yesterday at my mechanic i have been going to for 10 years and he went to install he said my brake lines are sitting tight already without the rear blocks in, i have had a 2' lift kit fitted by penrith wholesale suspension which in reality only gave me 35mm lift up front and 20mm in the rear.
the car is going in tomorrow because i have had the lift in around 4 months and has dropped around 10mm. my rear shocks are also maxing out before i put blocks in!

camo, i will be going to see the suspension place this afternoon to try an get it sorted.
i'm not after a crazy lift just to get that little bit of extra clearance.

35mm sounds alright for coil ifs. But the leafs should should life 40-50mm if not more unless they just put heavy standard high in.

ok from their measurements it has dropped 15mm, they will not do anything until they speak to the supplier (Drivetech) and give them all the info and see what they say - lift has only been in 5 months.

15mm is a lot of sag in just 5 months. I have tough dog rear springs and they sagged 6 mm in 6 months .Admittedly I carry virtually no weight in them but still apart from the odd squeak they have done well.

Latest posts

Back