Engine light on Code P0744 Torque Converter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bourke72

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a 2013 St Navara D40 and engine light was coming on i have scan gauge code P0744 Torque Converter excessive slip- into dealership they have taken oil sample and are waiting for Nissan Tech to find out what to do was talking to head mechanic he said it gonna be a new torque converter for you (which is great under warranty might drive better after that auto drive shit with the converter locking up to early, now that its slipping it actually drives like it should) any one else had this problem??

Haven't seen too many TC problems in the later models. 2006-2009 models suffered occasionally from a faulty TCC which would cause vibration as the car tried to engage the TCC, fail, release and reattempt. These attempts to engage/disengage the drive train to the engine would be felt as a vibration from about 75km/h through to about 95km/h when the TCC finally managed to lock into place. Replacing the TC fixed these problems.

I haven't heard much at all about the 2013 auto boxes (apart from the 550's box which is fine for road driving, good for 4HI but a misery in 4LO). Hope the change sorts it out - keep us posted!

Thanks Old Tony, yeah the car definitely never drove correctly i always new the torque converter felt wrong and yes i got a lot of Vibration when it locked up from 60km through to 90 so hopefully the new TC will fix all that
Cheers

Hey,

I know old post, but I just got my car last sunday engine light came on took it back to the dealer he just called me and said they are replacing the torque converter...
it is a 2012 st d40 auto.
This is the second time the engine light came on since last sunday, first time it was apparently because the battery went dead and they had to charge it or something like that and now the torque converter.
hopefully no more problems...

Latest posts

Back