elm327 d40 codes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jared balmer

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Has anybody installed a bluetooth dongle like an ELM327 and used it with there Android for D40 2.5ltr ?
if so which one is compatable and best option ?

I am currently using Ian Hawkin's Torque application. You should be able to try it for free. For $5, it's a very cheap diagnostic tool that also displays real-time info.

Don't forget to create a vehicle profile. It doesn't read the fuel level yet, although I suspect he's working on that. You can use a fuel meter, which seems to use an approximate consumption figure and requires that you select how much fuel is in your tank before starting - that's clunky, so I don't use it.

No, the Navara does not have an EGT sensor on the exhaust. Some cars do, so there's an OBD-II code for it and you can even create the display for it, but it won't work for us.

It would be interesting to look at the current European models. We'll have those out here in Australia after Europe has finished enjoying them (because as Nissan knows, we're all backward hicks out here, no sense in giving us too much technology at once).

The Nissan UK web site doesn't tell me shit about it, except that the D40 King Cab is called an "Acenta", the D40 2.5L 4-pot oiler is called "Tekna" and the V6 diesel is an "Outlaw". I think we need to get someone from that neck of the woods to let us know.

IF they have now included a sensor, we might be able to get Nizzbits to get one shipped over and we can try hooking it up.

Otherwise, 3rd party sensors are the only way to do it.

thanks tony, thought that was the case, gonna have to look into it, mine being a 2007 would probably mean a whole new ecu to use a factory fitted egt probe in from europe though, hehehe

a few screen shots of torque app
very handy device with heaps of options
IMGA0008.jpg

IMGA0005.jpg

IMGA0004.jpg

IMGA0006.jpg

Ebay for the adapter..no need to spend any more than $20 ...$8 ones will do...dash command i think for iphone...torque not available for iphone

Latest posts

Back