EGT sensor location

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine, zd30 runs a probe at the egr pipe spot (blanked off) on the exhaust manifold, and a second probe tapped into the dump pipe. They run on separate gauges though. Makes around 100-150C difference. Mine's only seen around max 510C on pre-turbo.

Mine, zd30 runs a probe at the egr pipe spot (blanked off) on the exhaust manifold, and a second probe tapped into the dump pipe. They run on separate gauges though. Makes around 100-150C difference. Mine's only seen around max 510C on pre-turbo.
Whats your max at the dump pipe?

What temps are you getting from the probe from the EGR pipe as hat is where I have mine and when towing and a chip on a 40deg day I was getting 500 - 600

As above, 515 (the auberins buzzer kicks in at 509) at the egr spot, then I back off. The dump pipe probe would be 100c less than that. I know I'm leaving a big margin of error there, but rather not push it. I find full throttle in 5th really makes the EGTs rise quickly.

I also have the mods listed in my signature though.

I also have the Auberins gauge with the probe in the same spot (egr port in exhaust manifold; ZD30 engine). My alarm is set at 650 deg Celsius. The highest reading I've seen is about 580 and that was when I had an intercooler pipe blow off! Usual readings in 5th gear under acceleration are up to about 530.

yeh, on a d40.
hey cam, installed it today where i said i was going to. took it for a run and giving it some stick merging onto the highway (about 120km/h) was getting readings of around 650/660, so seems like its working ok. will see how it goes towing the boat

Latest posts

Back