egr % setting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My engine light came on ,had a m8 plug in with the nissan program showed the egr not working , he reset the egr setting to 100 % to see what happened , i since took the egr off and cleaned it put , back on and cleaned , engine light is gone but egr whirs when i shut the engine off , thinking the egr% was the only thing we changed but have no idea what % to set it back to ? 2011 2.5 turbo d22 4wd

i'm very dubious on that.
as its a major emissions item and critical to engine performance, i highly doubt any manufacture would make it adjustable. i've never heard of it being adjustable without rewriting the chip.
i would have to check the book, but he may have simply operated the valve to fully open (testing operation). this does not change any setting, nor does it stay like that. its goes back to normal operation as soon as the engine starts.
besides if it was fully open your ute would run like absolute crap.
the egr whir is probably normal, they generally reset back to starting position.

without knowing what code it had i have no idea.
normally blocking it doesn't set off a code. the typical egr code is for the actual valve being stuck. hopefully with a bit of cleaning that should not be a problem.

Latest posts

Back