EGR blanking plate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jutty

Reaction score
I am sure this has been mentioned before, just wondering if anyone has put in an egr blanking plate and whether a solid plate throws a computer code. I have a 2013 d40 Spanish build.
Bought a plate from road runner off road on ebay.
Any negative before I have a crack?
Cheers

this will throw you right out hahah...

I have an 08 Spanish d40, came with a block plate installed (2nd hand) been having some issues apparently injector related. but just to see what would happen I took the block plate out.. all of a sudden it was blowing stupid amounts of smoke and stalling at idle.

this leads me to believe, it must have been tuned with the plate in to make it react this way when I removed it. needless to say I quickly put it back in. instantly better.

concluding, I would assume if you block it completely and have it tuned, which is generally a good idea to do after any engine mod to any vehicle. you shouldn't have any problems at all

Had mine blocked since the first couple days i bought my truck with no.problems..
If you do find you run into trouble its very easy to remove.. you wont have trouble tho

this will throw you right out hahah...

I have an 08 Spanish d40, came with a block plate installed (2nd hand) been having some issues apparently injector related. but just to see what would happen I took the block plate out.. all of a sudden it was blowing stupid amounts of smoke and stalling at idle.

this leads me to believe, it must have been tuned with the plate in to make it react this way when I removed it. needless to say I quickly put it back in. instantly better.

concluding, I would assume if you block it completely and have it tuned, which is generally a good idea to do after any engine mod to any vehicle. you shouldn't have any problems at all

If you are getting a lot more black smoke with it removed I believe that it's nothing to do with "the tune" but a problem with the EGR circuit. It's been generally observed that EGR blocking does slightly reduce black smoke. It's often been reported that low to mid range throttle response is improved and sometimes better fuel consumption to.

BTW what do you mean by tuned? There is little you can do anyway in this regard apart from have the ECU re mapped. After doing this mod sometimes doing an ECU/Fuel pump relearn (disconnecting the Battery for a while) can be beneficial.

Like I said I only assume its had some sort of a tune, maybe it has been re-mapped, but without that block plate it runs so bad it actually stalls at idle as well as losing a lot of power

Like I said I only assume its had some sort of a tune, maybe it has been re-mapped, but without that block plate it runs so bad it actually stalls at idle as well as losing a lot of power

Pretty sure the egr valve should be closed at idle anyway. Maybe it's stuck open.

Latest posts

Back