ECU reset

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoungyD22

Reaction score
Hey lads, I've had a few mods done to my 2011 d22 navara but I've never really looked into resetting the ECU!
Before I reset it I noticed that my ute wasn't running in sync or making very favourable noises. I only just recently reset it and she sounds a lot smoother, I'm not getting a weird over revving noise when I put the clutch in, or a vibration noise around the top end of 3rd gear! I also think the turbo is playing the game a bit more aswell!

Not sure if this is all possible through something as simple as a reset but it definitely seems as though it is!

Cheers

Happy fourbying

It certainly is possible. The ECU "learns" its fuel map and is supposed to model the fuel map based on your driving style. I think there's a mix of engineering and horse-hockey involved in it, to be honest - I wish it'd just send an appropriate amount of fuel and be done with it. Something to be said for Solex, I guess.

ecu reset just deletes the throttle learning.
but as throttle control relates to fueling then yes it can change things.
edit; i missed that it was a 2011 model. they have a bit more, fuel rail pressure, fuel control valve etc.
it really helps it if you reset it after changing the fuel filter.

Last edited:
Seems all a bit to computerised to me! I need to find a bit more power but without blowing more smoke than I already do ?

You can also fit a catch can and vent the balance to atmosphere. Generally frowned upon, but it will remove the last of the exhaust gas from your intake leaving the combustion as good as it will get without modding the engine or customising a chip or injector mapping.

Latest posts

Back