eBay snorkels, any good??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJJ84

Reaction score
hi all

I'm looking at getting a snorkel for the Nav and have seen a heap of different options. looking at one of the cheaper ones off eBay (Safari rips anyway) but a few mention thai and spanish builds so my two questions are:

is there a difference between snorkels for thai and spanish as well as old spanish (126kW) and new spanish (140kW) and;

has anyone bought one of these and how did they find it? water tight? ease of fitment with template, instructions etc

cheers!

G'day. Ive got an ebay snorkel. Not sure what store I got it from, but its for a D22. About $180. The template didnt align 100%. It is water tight - after sealing it with silicon. Fitting was pretty simple, just dicky to do up some of the nuts under the guard. Ive got no regrets with my snorkel. Sits flush on the guard and sucks the air in no worries.

My mate got a similar one for his pootrol which I fitted for him too. Same deal with the template. I learnt to drill only one bolt hole at a time, and check alignment before drilling the next.

oh, and zero instructions. I installed the whole lot together in the Nav to make sure it all fitted properly, before pulling it apart and applying the silicon.

You can.......but that doesn't mean you should!!

022frontviewforwiperalinement.jpg

Back