dual sim smart phones

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben85

Reaction score
does anyone know the in's and out's of dual sim smart phones?

i'm sick of carrying my mobile plus the work mobile.

plenty of dual sim phones on ebay but are they any good? most of the are from china.
can both sims be active at once or do you need to switch between the two?
and do they work with our networks?

hopefully someone knows something about them.

I sell Huawei active dual sim phones at work (Dick Smith) They are pretty s**t. The quality of the phone is just not up there with Samsung and Nokia and the like but you are paying allot less. It will depend on what network you are on as to if the ebay ones will work, just look at what network frequencies they support then check what frequency your network uses. If you are on Telstra NextG, don't expect the reception to be anywhere near as good as a normal Telstra phone as they generally have a much better antenna.

I went through a similar process 12 months ago and came to the same conclusion as equipt. They are all pretty crap and at the time none I could get were dual 3G. I wasn't specifically looking at smart phones but the range is so small that they had to come into the equation.

I briefly played around with a Nokia C2-03 (2G) ages ago and it wasn't very memorable but it worked fine, definitely not a smart phone but it shows dual sim phones can work. In the end I couldn't find what I wanted and I've since decided having two phones does have some advantages so until Nokia make a better option at a reasonable price I'll be sticking with my 2 old Nokia's.

thanks for the info guys.
might just stick with the 2 phones for now.

have a look at the samsung galaxy duos, also LG do a duel sim phone i think.

Latest posts

Back