Dot inspections

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd get his rego number and see if the stickers on his car are fresh or magnetic while you're at it. Something about him smells.
Does seem a bit that way. He may "know" people in the department, so can gather all your details and pass them on, but if he's not a legit inspector he has no right to touch or look at anything without your permission.

It wouldn't be the first time something similar has happened, I've heard of people being pulled over by "police" who actually weren't.... If you call the police with his rego number and say he is trying to inspect your vehicle they should be able to tell you straight away if the car at least is legit...

Does seem a bit that way. He may "know" people in the department, so can gather all your details and pass them on, but if he's not a legit inspector he has no right to touch or look at anything without your permission.

It wouldn't be the first time something similar has happened, I've heard of people being pulled over by "police" who actually weren't.... If you call the police with his rego number and say he is trying to inspect your vehicle they should be able to tell you straight away if the car at least is legit...

My thought is that this guy is out collecting bribes and taking home the free money.

My thought is that this guy is out collecting bribes and taking home the free money.
Could be that too, but if big gus got done by the same guy and had to get his inspected then there has to be a bit more to it...

Last I saw was he copped a hefty fine, who knows if it's the same clown. But I am thinking something is very odd as Old Tony mentioned.

He might be for real, if Gus copped a real fine, but waiting for you to offer him the $ - which is why he's so bloody picky, hoping you'll hand him a greenie or 3 to "look the other way".

That's sorta worse, IMO. Someone in an actual position of authority doing that sort of thing needs to be drawn to the attention of the ombudsman.

He might be for real, if Gus copped a real fine, but waiting for you to offer him the $ - which is why he's so bloody picky, hoping you'll hand him a greenie or 3 to "look the other way".

That's sorta worse, IMO. Someone in an actual position of authority doing that sort of thing needs to be drawn to the attention of the ombudsman.

I am actually at BIG GUS's house right now!!!!!!!

Just to clarify the Pommy prick in question,was not subject to the fines that were handed out to Gus..he just received A letter in the mail to appear at DOT.
For inspection on his vehicle...

He did go there prior to the inspection date,to find out exactly what the issue was with his vehicle!!!!!!!

This is just to clarify any discrepancies that people may have.:truck:

Back