Dom's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been away from the forum for ages now!
Im trying to sort out my steering problems at the moment as its the one thing that was forcing me to sell it. hopefully with a ider arm brace and a new lower control arm it should all be fixed and ready to rock and roll again. (there's too much toe on the wheel and the inner tred on both front wheels are wearing faster.)

been looking at calmini transfer case gears and most likely going to get a set of roof racks made up and get a 40inch light bar to run across the length of the roof.

Just ordered a steering damper and my idler arm brace.

Does anyone know any wreckers that have a 2005 d22 around sydney/south coast area??

I need the passenger side lower control arm as i have bent it and i also need the snout bearing for the AC pump as it has collapsed.

Just ordered a steering damper and my idler arm brace.

Does anyone know any wreckers that have a 2005 d22 around sydney/south coast area??

I need the passenger side lower control arm as i have bent it and i also need the snout bearing for the AC pump as it has collapsed.

Dom, just a quick one. Have you ordered longer bolts for the idler arm and dsmpener as the standard one is to short and won't fit both plates in. It's a 130mm fine thread in a 12.9 grade. Super hard to find and will cost around $10 a bolt. That's what I paid anyway. I would check the length first before ordering from local bolts place. I'm sure my build thread has it listed somewhere

Dom, just a quick one. Have you ordered longer bolts for the idler arm and dsmpener as the standard one is to short and won't fit both plates in. It's a 130mm fine thread in a 12.9 grade. Super hard to find and will cost around $10 a bolt. That's what I paid anyway. I would check the length first before ordering from local bolts place. I'm sure my build thread has it listed somewhere

Nope, haven't ordered them yet.
Pretty good mates with my mechanic and his mate owns a hardware store, ill just go through him and hopefully they will have some in stock.

Does it have to be 12.9 grade? 8.8 would do the trick as well wouldnt it?

Nope, haven't ordered them yet.
Pretty good mates with my mechanic and his mate owns a hardware store, ill just go through him and hopefully they will have some in stock.

Does it have to be 12.9 grade? 8.8 would do the trick as well wouldnt it?

It was either 12.9 or 10.9. I just replaced it with whatever came out but longer. I rang heaps of bolt shops though.

It was either 12.9 or 10.9. I just replaced it with whatever came out but longer. I rang heaps of bolt shops though.

righto. well ill be getting it soon within the next week so ill take it to him then and see what can be done about it all.
hopefully its not too hard to find down here

The dampener and idler arm brace should be here tomorrow.

Just ordered a GME TX3500 with the AE4018k1 antenna from Prestige.

Ringing up the wreckers tomorrow to get a new lower control arm and new Compressor Clutch for the pulley system.

Hey mate. Could you send me some shots and a basic plan of how you mounted up the custom bar at the front? and how the mounts fit to the bar aswell as the chassis of the car.
Cheers

Hey mate. Could you send me some shots and a basic plan of how you mounted up the custom bar at the front? and how the mounts fit to the bar aswell as the chassis of the car.
Cheers

No worries. Will do that tomorrow with some daylight.
Just used the standard chassis mounting points and the steel from the standard alloy bar and made a bracket that connects from that to the bullbar. So if i wanted to sell it one day, id just have to unbolt it and it would be a straight fit on someone elses 22 with a body lift.

Thanks Mate..
once mine is running im going straight into a heap of custom bar work, tube bullbar, sliders, custom track and roof rack and im kinda strugling with the bullbar mounts because it looks as though there is only the two bolts down low on the chassis to mount to and theyre so close together i didnt think theyed be enough

I have my light bar wired up to my roof rack. Wow it throws out so much light to the point where you can drive around at night with no spotties or headlights on

Just a bit of an update. I've been away for a while camping and fishing up in forster which was way too much fun! heading down to potato point next weekend and then back up to crescent head after. so should be a few fun weeks ahead of me.

Anyway, my UHF, steering dampener, idler arm brace, new lower control arm, roof racks, roof cage (custom made) and lightbar (100 LED 26,000 lumen 52 inch 24v) should be on by the end of next week hopefully. Im going up to frankies in albion park tomorrow to pick up a sub to put behind the seat. Its a pioneer ts-wx77a 200w monoblock. i tested it and all i have to do to make it fit is cut out some of that wire behind the seat and it will fit perfectly. The sound it puts out is incredible.

Lightbar came!

image-3817957701.jpg

image-2026463553.jpg

That's a massive lightbar. How are you thinking you will get power onto the roof. Been wanting to stick a Baja lightbar on the roof but just don't know how to run the power

I have no idea how we are going to get power up there haha. Building a roof cage for it to go on but powering it is a whole other story.

Replaced my lower control arm today and get an alignment on Thursday... If this doesn't fix my steering problem, then I'm starting the sas sooner than expected

Oh yeah, and here is one of my friends gu's that's twin locked. It's so much bigger then the nav. (It makes 36's look small)

image-2455800312.jpg

I ran my cabling along one of the roof channels and down the rear bar. Looks slightly messy but it was the only solution I could think of without having to drill holes in the body.

So today I installed my UHF, idler arm brace and steering dampener.
The steering is so much better now. I very very highly recommend it.

Latest posts

Back