Dealer modified brand new D22's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

Reaction score
I just drove past the Nissan dealer in Mackay and noticed a bunch of new D22's that have been fitted with the works by the dealer. I thought it was interesting as they were lifted 2" with ironman suspension, had 265/75 maxxis bighorn muddies on black steel rims, colour coded winch bars, and lightforce spotties. Also a heap of Nissan extras like snorkel, towbar, bonnet protector etc. I didn't think I would see a dealer putting oversized tyres on a new car as a package. Don't know how much they were selling them for as it was closed but pretty much an offroad ready drive away package. They look pretty good too.

20140107_185640.jpg

best part is mate the sales docket has it all listed and the insurance company cant dispute it, or the popo, thats how it came mate :) ( the coppers here are gettign really anal about this stuff)

They make a deal with the suppliers and fit it up with what we all do once we purchase so we don't have to worry and they get the sale a standard 22 with 265/75's will struggle our dealer in brisbane is setting up d40's the same even with a huge lightbar price about 6k more

Might be trying to get rid of all their left over accessories before an update/ new model comes out?

Bloody good idea I reckon, as you say they would get the bits a hell of a lot cheaper than we could, hopefully they pass on at least some of those savings. My D22 is fine on 32's and is standard enginewise. Also tows a boat over 2 tonne quite regularly. It's a ZD30 though.

That's showing some initiative for sure, looks the ducks guts. If I was shopping around for a new ute and was faced with that compared to say a BT50 for example, I know I'd be lobbing home in a 22 and the look on peoples faces when you told them that's how it came.........priceless ha ha.

It does look the business for sure, I don't know about that certain dealer, but I remember when ordering my d22 a year or so ago the dealer said any extras ordered when new comes with the 3 year warranty. Would be nice to have that kind of warranty in the accessories

-Tyler

The Ballarat dealer has been doing this for a while. A neighbour bought one and snapped a cv joint first time he took it out.

Might have something to do with the driver, I've been running pretty much the exact same setup for years and not a single mechanical failure. Touch wood. At least he would've been covered for warranty.

Probably right, Jon. His brother does some work on my chainsaw, ride on etc and while he's cheap, he's bloody rough.

As Bullwinkle has said the ballarat dealer has been selling d22 navs setup the same with the addition of mud truck stickers, they also have d40,s setup the same now

Down here not long after I bought my d40 the same place did a 2" lift, nudge bar, 22" black rims, hard cover on an ST. Looked really good. Its to show people how easy they are to do up. Drawing more people in to the yard. Sadly the sales guy bought it so got the hole thing at cost

Holden did this for a bit with the colarado came with 2" lift bigger tyres, wheel, bullbar, snorkal, lightbar and a few other things and called it the monster truck pack or they did a street pack with lowered suspension 22" wheels and some other junk.

Latest posts

Back