DC - DC Charger

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruiserstu

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone out there is using one of these units as im thinking of using one as my dual battery system. Currently looking at the Ctek unit, which is around the $360 mark on ebay. It will be charging an AGM in the tray of my 04 STR.
Cheers Stu

I currently use a C-Tek charger to maintain the house battery in my caravan. I have just used this charger in "recondition" mode to restore 2 deep cycle batteries that an ordinary 4-stage "intelligent" charger (the best charger that Jaycar sells, in fact) was unable to charge. The C-Tek not only charged them but brought them back to normal operation.

I have a lot of healthy respect for C-Tek because they've done a lot of research into battery power and how to get the most out of the battery. Their chargers actually WORK. They might come with a price tag, but you truly get what you pay for in this instance.

I might hesitate on the e-bay purchase though, and get one from a battery supply store. They may well prove easier to deal with should there be any warranty issues.

Hi Tony

What cteck do you have and how do you power it in the car.

i.e. what wattage inverter and pure sine wave or not

Cheers

Hi Nathan,

In the caravan for the 100Ah Gel house battery, I'm using a C-Tek Multi XS-7000 driven by a 300W (600W peak) inverter (which will be replaced when it fails, so that it matches the others).

In the car for the 50Ah Deep Cycle battery, I'm using a Jaycar 4-stage 6A/16A battery charger (no longer listed in their catalog) being driven by the Jaycar 300W (1000W Surge) 12V Inverter. I have a second one of these inverters in the cabin under the rear seat that is used occasionally, but is really kept as a spare in case one of the others fail.

These inverters are MODIFIED SINE WAVE. Ought to be good enough for a battery charger, I am told - and the guy that gave me that advice hasn't led me astray in the past.

Pure sine wave costs a bundle and I'm not sure it's needed in my situation.

Hi

In my caravan(have just sold it) i had ctek 2500 and two 6v 225AH battery it last about 5day free camping and take about 15hr to charge the battery are 6yr old thanks to the ctek

Back