D40 yd25 cooling system

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vool104

Reaction score
Guys! It's probably been discussed before, but does anyone no the correct procedure for bleeding the air from the system on the d40's??

There's nothing in the service manual about it that I could find.

When I've flushed my coolant and replaced it, just top it up, run the vehicle, top up again. Make sure the bottle is to the highest mark (max/hot whatever it says) and check again in a couple of days. I've never had to put more than an addition cup or so of water in there.

There is a air bleed valve on the passenger side on the heater hoses going into the fire wall.
It is a little 12mm black knob with a rounded top on top of the heater hoses. remove it and let the air out. and don't forget to put the heater on when flushing and refilling....

There is a air bleed valve on the passenger side on the heater hoses going into the fire wall.
It is a little 12mm black knob with a rounded top on top of the heater hoses. remove it and let the air out. and don't forget to put the heater on when flushing and refilling....

Thats very helpful! Thankyou for that. I would not have found it myself.
Cheers!
:rock:

Last edited:
Hey not sure if this the right spot for this or not, but I'm a new '08 d40 owner. Just need to top up the coolant (possibly bigger issue here but just one at a time hey). Manual says use only nissan L250 - went to local nissan spares who said there is no such thing. Any suggestions? Will L248 do?

If in doubt just use demineralized water, you can't mix different types of coolants otherwise you risk blocking and wrecking the cooling system. Some can even cause corrosion internally and then you are up for big repairs... Just top it up with water and flush and change it as soon as possible

Is it possible you could send me a photo of the air bleed valve I have the 2008 STX

Latest posts

Back