D40 V6 tune

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussiebattler

Reaction score
Hey guys.

just wondering if anyone knows of anyone doing tunes on the 4.0l v6 or someone who has had it done?

cheers,

Dave

I do an exhaust and unichip package on them with very good results.

The standard headers are woefull just like the 2uz-fe landcruisers.

So if your going to get it tuned, its a bit of a waste to do with the stock headers.

Last edited:
The big question is can you do anything with the economy?
The guys in the states are changing the timing amongst other things 2 degree advance I think.
There are headers available from Doug Thorely,Nismo and a few others and they have tried all sorts with the exhaust like dropping off 2 of the cats and the biggy is redoing the pipes to eliminate that horror of the Y pipe.Some are running full duals or just installing a decent Y pipe and a new muffler

Last edited:
Yeah the economy can be improved with exhaust/intake improvements and tuning.
The timing needs to be mapped in 3d as the engine takes different amounts of advance at different rpm and load points. 2deg across the board might make more power but its like the difference between a points dizzy and a coil on plug setup.

Your still limited to a 14.7:1 Fuel ratio unless you setup a cat signal out of a unichip and run it around 15.2-15.5:1 at cruise which will net you a marginal increase in economy.

Also most of them run way to rich at medium and heavy load anyway, this will only impact on economy if your a heavy right foot driver.

i have a Caddy cannopy and draw system and with all my day to day work gear in it i often drive over a weigh bridge at a clients factory and it is around 2500kg i am getting a weekly average of 14L/100 sometimes 13.5 i dont think that is to bad for a 4.0 v6 petrol, it would be nice to get more, i have fitted a K&N and the response is slightly better but was thinking some more performance would be fun, fuel saving is not a huge issue for me its all work related.

Yeah, you are getting around the same economy as my 3.3l V6, its horrible. Theres not much I can do as there are bugger all chip mods for this engine (that I can find anyway), although a good exhaust certainly helps, (still on the list, waiting for money:sad:)

Yeah, you are getting around the same economy as my 3.3l V6, its horrible. Theres not much I can do as there are bugger all chip mods for this engine (that I can find anyway), although a good exhaust certainly helps, (still on the list, waiting for money:sad:)

Unichip can be used on any electronically controlled engine.

Ahhh yes they do. The Pathfinder 3.3L is the same engine thats in the Navara, so definatley food for thought, along with exhaust and snorkel. (Hopefully all at the same time)

Latest posts

Back