D40 radio code help please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonhro33

Reaction score
hi guys, recently my nissan navara d40 had the battery disconnected and i entered the code incorrectly for the radio 3 times. i now know how to enter the code correctly but there is no display on the radio, it doesnt even ask for the code now?
i have disconnected and reconnected the battery but still no display. does anyone know how i get this back? do i have just have to wait?

thanks guys.

I think I remember reading somewhere the wait time was 45 mins or something. I could be wrong but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere, just not sure if it was here or on the UK forum

Oh and Welcome to the forums.

The directions will be in your hand book. Mine shows 3 different radio's. What does yours look like? Which model?

thanks for the welcome and help guys. my manual doesnt mention anything i can see unfortunately.
im off on a 3 hour trip tomorrow so i guess ill find out on the drive.

thanks again.

I had to speak to nissan as the code that was in my hand book was incorrect. Just have your VIN handy.

ps its just a single cd with radio, cant see a model number on it.
My book say's, " If you enter the ID code incorrectly 3 consecutive times,,,,,It will not be possible to TRY to re-enter the ID code for approx 1 hour.
I read this as ignition on for 1 hour before being able to try. So go for that drive n see if it lets you after 1 hour eh.
Instructions; When "CODE" appears use the memory select buttons (1-6) to enter the four digit ID code.
Good luck.

thanks heaps jjohn, we hit the road later in the morning so ill let you guys know how we go, be back on sunday.

hi guys, sorry for the late reply. the radio did not come back on during our 3 hr drive. i rang nissan and they said to disconnect the battery for an hour and then try again.
i did this and when i reconnected the battery i was asked for the code and i was away!

thanks to all for your help.

Back