d40 max tyre size

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revtrev

Reaction score
I want to go up a size when I buy some AT tyres. Can anyone tell me if 265/70/17 tyres will fit ok and not hit the guards on full lock or when fully loaded up and doing some serious 4WD?

Thanks for that. By the way, what year models are your d40's and do you have 17 inch rims? Mine is 2012. Ta.

Pretty silly of me to ask what yeasr model etc, when all your details are listed! Do you get much tyre noise from the MT's?

When running standard tyres - 255/65/17 - my speedo was 6km/h out at 100km/h. I don't know if the odometer was correct then or not, I didn't check that. So, up-sized my tyres to correct the speedo and discovered that my odometer is also out by about 6%. I would have thought the same as you guys that they both operate off the same sensor. Maybe there is a seperate calculation done within the ECU? I don't know. My L/100 display is also affected in the same way. :violin2:

Hey Revtrev, Yeah there is a bit of noise but I don't really care - just turn up the volume!!

When running standard tyres - 255/65/17 - my speedo was 6km/h out at 100km/h. I don't know if the odometer was correct then or not, I didn't check that. So, up-sized my tyres to correct the speedo and discovered that my odometer is also out by about 6%. I would have thought the same as you guys that they both operate off the same sensor. Maybe there is a seperate calculation done within the ECU? I don't know. My L/100 display is also affected in the same way. :violin2:

Hey Revtrev, Yeah there is a bit of noise but I don't really care - just turn up the volume!!

It could be that your odometer was out 6% with the standard tyres and is now correct. How have you checked your odometer accuracy??

Its been mentioned a few times that its the actual speedo needle thats wrong, it reads the speeds right the odo is/was right with standard tyres

G'day keanaz, I'm going off what my gps is telling me on a flat highway run. Double checked the L/100 tonight when I filled up and that's actually ok. The odometer discrepancy is quickly obvious when compared to the gps trip reading.

Latest posts

Back