D40 Heater Problem no cabin air

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chappie

Reaction score
Recently I replaced blower motor and resistor to my heater and everything was working fine. For some reason now I can not get any air in to the cabin on any settings even though blower motor and resistor are all okay. It is as if the heater box is not functioning. Any suggestions anybody?

Last edited:
If you can hear the fan/blower running, then it is likely to be one of the 'diverter' units between the fan and the outlet that is either blocking the airflow or directing somewhere other than you expect, maybe blowing at the windscreen ?

Edit - Just re-read your post, are you saying that air is coming out, but it is not getting heated ? In that case it is likely to be the mixer/diverter that controls how much cold/hot air gets mixed. I don't think the D40 has a valve that controls the coolant running through the heater core, but I may be wrong on that. It could also be a blocked up heater core from minerals in Aussy water, have heard of some radiators there getting blocked up.

Last edited:
If you can hear the fan/blower running, then it is likely to be one of the 'diverter' units between the fan and the outlet that is either blocking the airflow or directing somewhere other than you expect, maybe blowing at the windscreen ?

Edit - Just re-read your post, are you saying that air is coming out, but it is not getting heated ? In that case it is likely to be the mixer/diverter that controls how much cold/hot air gets mixed. I don't think the D40 has a valve that controls the coolant running through the heater core, but I may be wrong on that. It could also be a blocked up heater core from minerals in Aussy water, have heard of some radiators there getting blocked up.
No air is coming out the vents at all. Sounds like it is rushing around at the back of the glove box.

Have you pulled the globe box down and checked the condition of your filters, if you have them that is
or it could be something is blocking the input and that again can be checked where the filters are.
I found all sorts of crap last time I changed the filters

Last edited:
The filters have been pulled out and checked. It has been run without filters and air goes no where.
Sound like heater box is not functioning, when you put it on air con there is a click click noise.

Last edited:
a clicking sound could also be a stripped gear on one of the dampers / diverters if it's electrically actuated.

This might help
heater_zps69864897.jpg

Just remember this is looking from the engine bay kinda sorta so the part you looking for is 5 the drive motor and from what I can figure it should be on the passengers side of the unit
Actually just read thats for the LHD but apparently the RHD is symmetrically opposite so that would put it on the drivers side and frpom memory there is something with multiple cable connections able to be seen fairly easily

Last edited:
Problem solved with the heater blower motor. Because it was from US the motor was going the reverse way to suit the Frontier, reversed the wiring and it is blowing air through the vents again. As we have not been able to identified how the water managed to ruin the original motor, a couple of small drill holes in the motor housing may be the answer to allow it to drain on to the passengers floor.

Now that is weird. I never would have thought the Frontiers were wired to run backwards to ours.Oh well yet another thing different between the Frontier and the Navara
Definately wouldnt have thought about it running backwards thats for sure
Good to hear its all solved anyway

^^could be because the fan is on the opposite side... Still pretty funny though, good to see it is working properly now

Talking to someone the other day and they said US vehicles are negative/earth and we are positive/earth.

Latest posts

Back