d40 bull bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choc36

Reaction score
Hi guys got some prices for a bull bar to fit on my 2012 st d40 today ARB $2000 fited and $2220 colour coded , Ironman $1800 fitted , tjm $2000 fitted and $2350 colour coded these are all deluxe bars. I was surprised that the ironman bull bar was not far behind ARB and TJM. I was thinking going the ARB only being $200 more, whats everyones thoughts cheers

ARB. I'd say. For me the genuine Nissan bar was 2,000 fitted at the time purchase, at that time interestingly the ARB bar was a little more expensive. So could be worth checking out.

I have had ARB bars on both my d40's are they are a great bar, BUT i would get a TJM over the ARB for not only the looks but the TJM sits in closer to the grille which

improves the approach angle allot, i was always hitting the bar on stuff when off road my mates called it "MR PLOUGH" lol

there are a few members on here that have them fitted for you to look at their pics.

I recently got an mcc falcon bar. Love it... couldn't justify spending the extra $$$ on arb. Plus arb wanted extra for the fogs in the deluxe bar and extra for the loom. I got the mcc with fogs, loom and underside kit for $1300 pick-up. With the money I saved I got some extra goodies for the nav.

Have a look at the mcc deluxe bar. I got one fitted to mine a few months ago and it's great. Was only $1600 fitted by memory

I have noticed that on TJM bars, they do sit snug against the car. Nicely fit.

Yeah as stated earlier the only problem is you can't fit big winch boxers in the hole they have set aside for them. So mine sits next to wopping hot intercooler. But the look wins out, would never replace it.

i payed 1850 for my arb bar fitted just in black about 9 months and really happy with it for the price i payed. noticed on the weekend that the glass of one of my fog lights was completly smashed which is a bit shit coz i bet they only sell them i pairs lol.

I'd suggest that if approach angle is causing a problem for a D40 with an ARB bar, then that is one awfully big brick wall people are trying to climb.

Honestly, look at the vehicle from the side. Draw a line from the bottom of the front wheels to the lowest, most exposed part of the bulbar. That is your approach angle.

If its a big jump up, then the tail will never drag through - the departure angle is too small to get up. If its a short step-over, then wheelbase is too long and the overall height too low - the ramp over is insufficient.

I'd really love to see some pics of these climbs which are supposedly causing people such an approach angle issue.

With bars, both ARB and TJM are quality items. The Ironman bar with bolt on hoops is a faster waiting to happen. The fully welded one, have seen some really bad quality manufacture on them so personally wouldn't touch them.

It always used to be ARB and TJM putting out mostly the best quality gear, and I think that now TJM are ramping up again, they will become a real force in the industry once more and rightfully so.

What it really comes down to out of those two in my opinion is cosmetic choice.

I think Nathan was talking about the problem I have also experienced, where you are entering a gully or washout and the car is angled down and the further out the bar sticks, it will plough into the ground in front. mainly cause the bum is in the air.

Oh and id go ARB OR TJM. I have ARB and happy. sticking out further than the tjm can be an advantage when you hit something. Sorry Nathan that may have just created a flash back for you....

I'd suggest that if approach angle is causing a problem for a D40 with an ARB bar, then that is one awfully big brick wall people are trying to climb.

Honestly, look at the vehicle from the side. Draw a line from the bottom of the front wheels to the lowest, most exposed part of the bulbar. That is your approach angle.

If its a big jump up, then the tail will never drag through - the departure angle is too small to get up. If its a short step-over, then wheelbase is too long and the overall height too low - the ramp over is insufficient.

I'd really love to see some pics of these climbs which are supposedly causing people such an approach angle issue.

With bars, both ARB and TJM are quality items. The Ironman bar with bolt on hoops is a faster waiting to happen. The fully welded one, have seen some really bad quality manufacture on them so personally wouldn't touch them.

It always used to be ARB and TJM putting out mostly the best quality gear, and I think that now TJM are ramping up again, they will become a real force in the industry once more and rightfully so.

What it really comes down to out of those two in my opinion is cosmetic choice.

Some of the local tracks before they closed the tracks saw my tjm bar been used as plow droping in and out was outs so the longer arb bars would have been interesting. In saying that it was before I got the lift.

Latest posts

Back