D40 blower motor replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acko13

Reaction score
The air blower under the dash on my Spanish Built 2010 D40 has ceased to function.
A dealer told me that the whole dash has to come out to replace it.
There are videos on You Tube showing how to replace it, but they don't look like my set up.
Anyone done this on my model?

It's not far different to mine. Is it the blower, or is it just the resistor pack?
Well it started squeaking on about a year ago when the ignition was turned on, but then stopped doing it. So I suspect the thing may be seized up.
How would I check the resistor - is it easy to get to?

I had a similar issue with my blower motor and found it easy to access by removing the glovebox to get better access to the screw's mine is an '08 check to see if it still runs on setting number 4 if it does that points more to the resistor if it doesn't work on any settings it's more than likely the blower motor

Of course the dealer says the whole dash has to come out. That’s how they justify 2 extra hours of labour into the cost.

Although, I had to fish some coins out of the rear floor vent in a previous car as they kept sliding around in it. After pulling out the centre console and seats, I ended up cutting a hole in the duct and fishing out the coins with a coat hanger with sticky duct tape wrapped around it. I swear they put the duct on the floor and assembled a car around it.

I had a similar issue with my blower motor and found it easy to access by removing the glovebox to get better access to the screw's mine is an '08 check to see if it still runs on setting number 4 if it does that points more to the resistor if it doesn't work on any settings it's more than likely the blower motor
Thanks mate, but she is dead as a door nail. I can get one from a local Nissan wrecker or aftermarket ones for between 150 - 300 bucks. It's just the getting the bugger out that's the problem with my 74 year old body- I am not a contortionist!

Thanks mate, but she is dead as a door nail. I can get one from a local Nissan wrecker or aftermarket ones for between 150 - 300 bucks. It's just the getting the bugger out that's the problem with my 74 year old body- I am not a contortionist!

You're still a pup!

(I'm edging 40 and know the pain of any bending at all, being a bloke and aging sucks)

Latest posts

Back