D40 Auto stuck in thick wet mud help!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forester

Reaction score
Truck stuck in deep wet mud at the bottom of a steep slope in wood. Abandoned after twilight, will try and out tomorrow, appreciate any advice or traction aid recommendations. Many thanks

appreciate any advice or traction aid recommendations. Many thanks

If your unable to find another vehicle (ideally with a winch) for a recovery snatch, your best bet is to start digging. Hopefully again you have some traction mats but if not a strategically placed tree branch might help lift a wheel enough.
Everyone's done it but it does reinforce the 'wheelin alone' theory. Best to have another vehicle for recovery

Dig as much mud out as possible and fill holes with dry sticks and branches.
That's about the only way out when solo in the bush

Max Trax (or equivalent) are a great help, as is a long-handled shovel. A large source of dry material (prefer gravel but twigs work too) can help.

The biggest help when 4-wheeling is doing it with a friend. Both vehicles need to have recovery points and equalisation straps OR a winch OR both.

Mud will weigh the car down, making it seem like it's more stuck than it is. Digging some of it out will help.

Have you turned off the VDC?
A friend of mine was having trouble in sand, loosing traction and the VDC would stop his wheels from spinning.
Turned off the VDC and he was on his way.

Starsky

Have you turned off the VDC?
A friend of mine was having trouble in sand, loosing traction and the VDC would stop his wheels from spinning.
Turned off the VDC and he was on his way.

Starsky

Not sure about others but when i engage 4lo, vdc automatically turns off. Think it'd be the norm'
Good point tho

Latest posts

Back