D40 6speed 2010

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karamba123

Reaction score
My maiden forum post..ever.Bought the Navara coz missus found out the 12ooGS order, and lectured mid life crisis 101.Anyway, my experience with the Nav-1)canopy - aeroklas,thailand, breezy at the tail gate, heavy rain gets in,2)brake pedal sinks to the floor if pumped?3)world cup bongo drums seemingly from the front left engine bay...turns out to be the EGV thing4)blistered my left 4th finger - caused by gt style shifting to 3rd and 5th gear,5)thud from undercarriage when caught in traffic jam/crawl,6)left knee twitching caused by enthusiastic driving,6)blown away by nearly everything at the traffic lights, including getting flashed by old ladies in town cars!7)cannot fathom the 170plus horses & 400nm twisting power...Apart from that, its great, ohh 8)after factor 6) brutalised the revs to 4.5k before gear change, and true enough, unleashed the max horses...verified by rear mirror once the smoke clears.....thks people, 1000 apologies for the whinging.The journey continues.

Welcome Karamba123. Sorry to hear about the issues with the D40 can't say I've had such issues with mine but unfortunately thats the luck of the draw. Anyway I hope you enjoy your reading here and atleast get something good out of your Nav experience.

My maiden forum post..ever.Bought the Navara coz missus found out the 12ooGS order, and lectured mid life crisis 101.Anyway, my experience with the Nav-1)canopy - aeroklas,thailand, breezy at the tail gate, heavy rain gets in,2)brake pedal sinks to the floor if pumped?3)world cup bongo drums seemingly from the front left engine bay...turns out to be the EGV thing4)blistered my left 4th finger - caused by gt style shifting to 3rd and 5th gear,5)thud from undercarriage when caught in traffic jam/crawl,6)left knee twitching caused by enthusiastic driving,6)blown away by nearly everything at the traffic lights, including getting flashed by old ladies in town cars!7)cannot fathom the 170plus horses & 400nm twisting power...Apart from that, its great, ohh 8)after factor 6) brutalised the revs to 4.5k before gear change, and true enough, unleashed the max horses...verified by rear mirror once the smoke clears.....thks people, 1000 apologies for the whinging.The journey continues.

Chip it - then the old ladies would worry you.

I enjoyed your post ... I am happy with my Navara ... however have had everyone of those issues you've mentioned so I found it quite funny :big_smile:

I guess I don't let them get to me, but you are right ... it's reasonable to expect after spending 40+ K not to have these kinds of issues.

PS: Thanks for the clarification of what the bongo drums were ... I've yet to find out what it was, though am getting the problem. Kept thinking I was running over things :)

Gday all.Clocked nearly 15k, thud from undercarriage not solved..ramification?Tested the 4wd knob for the first time and drove 200meters, yes poser personified. Tried to go offroad, but stalled halfway up the kerb.On a positive note, i have developed a new rapid fire gear change approach, while ensuring upper body remains composed while changing 5 gears to get to 80km/h from rest.Is it normal to have some (1-2cm)freeplay in the driveshaft?Just curious cos my other rear wheel drives not so.Cheers.

The thud, does it happen all the time or just when you hit a pot hole etc?

You dont' have to use all 6 gears, I often skip gears rather than running right through the whole box. But i agree the 6 speed doesn't have the best set of ratio's.

The backlash amount of backlash your describing from the drive shafts sounds about the same as mine. I don't think it's a major problem.

Ta mate.Thud occurs when crawling at below 10km/h approx a couple of secs after disengagement i.e. free gear/neutral. Sounds as though a rod or something in the rear rolled forward and hit the edge of tray adjacent to the cab.The trouble is it does not happen all the time?!Despite the issues, I do enjoy the Nav..truth be told the ride is sublime compared to my previous fourbys namely Land Rover Defender ute, Isuzu Rodeo ute & Ford Ranger ute prior to this d40.The proviso being the Nav is primarily urban.

Latest posts

Back