D40 2012 Trip Computer into 2010 Model

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ga2k

Reaction score
Hi, has anybody tried to get the trip computer in a 2010 D40 YD25 working? If you squint, you can see the segments of the trip computer (L/100KM etc) in the instrument panel where the trip counters live.

Would it necessitate swapping to a 2012 instrument panel? And would that be all that was needed?

P.S. I have a ScanGauge but it doesn't do a good job with the fuel economy readings. I am constantly adjusting the error "bias" up and down with each tank. Why the hell does it not know how many litres have been used???? Grrrr.

It is a tough one, actually. My 2009 Spanish built STX has the LCD section for it and even lights it up on an instrument test, but the ECUs for the Australian market didn't include the data because we're obviously both too stupid to know what L/100 means and so fat that we're in dire need of a several-dozen-km trek carrying a jerry can.

Oh my, I was thinking out loud again. Sorry.

We don't pay enough for our cars either. Americans do - they pay mid $20K for their trucks, and just because we only pay twice that amount for ours, we don't get the nice stuff. That's reserved for the rest of the world.

Oh good heavens, I've been thinking aloud again. I really must stop that before I say something that Mr Nissan won't like.

Like dual zone climate control. It wasn't until 2012 that Nissan considered the Australian primates to have evolved enough to understand that there can be more than one person in a vehicle sitting in more than one position.

I think I'll stop. Point made: Australia didn't warrant the information, so they excluded it.

ECU is also engine-dependent and has programming suitable for the emission control requirements of the country of sale.

Another issue with the specific info you're after: the ECU should need to know how much fuel is in the tank. There's a problem with our D40s - the fuel gauge in the dash is fed power directly from the variable resistor attached to the float in the fuel tank. The ECU is completely unaware of how much fuel is in the tank - so calculating KM remaining is not possible.

I'd guess that if the Titan has that available, its ECU may be wired differently. Its fuel tank certainly will be!

Latest posts

Back