D22 zd30 radiator cap pressure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klompa

Reaction score
Hi guys what psi or bar radiator cap do you guys have on ?

The reason I ask is gave the girl a run in the dunes on the weekend and she started to heat up while idling for a while. Turns out I lost 2 litres of coolant, when doing some tests and reading of the workshop manual I found out the system needs a 1.57 bar or 23 psi cap and mine has a 1 bar or 15 psi cap on. This cap that I have on was put on at a radiator shop because I had a new radiator fitted about 8 months ago.

Cool story i know but is everyone running a 15 and I have issues or are the dumb bastard that need a slap across the face.

Cheers for the input klompa

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

the 15 psi cap is very common with alot of vehicles so no doubt thats why the radiator guys put this size on. go and buy the correct 23 psi cap and see how things go. thats all you can do to confirm the cap is the issue.

It might be worth making sure you also have the correct radiator. Had this happen once on different brand of car. The radiator fella put in radiator for different 2wd model, instead of the diesel 4wd one, was much thinner had less depth and cooling cores. Never realised until I was changing the head which threw the towel in some time later. Not sure if that was the cause, it was a horrible vehicle anyway and changing heads was almost part of regular servicing lol. Worth checking though.

ps. Can't find anything on mine telling me what pressure it is.

Last edited:
Hi guys what psi or bar radiator cap do you guys have on ?

The reason I ask is gave the girl a run in the dunes on the weekend and she started to heat up while idling for a while. Turns out I lost 2 litres of coolant, when doing some tests and reading of the workshop manual I found out the system needs a 1.57 bar or 23 psi cap and mine has a 1 bar or 15 psi cap on. This cap that I have on was put on at a radiator shop because I had a new radiator fitted about 8 months ago.

Cool story i know but is everyone running a 15 and I have issues or are the dumb bastard that need a slap across the face.

Cheers for the input klompa

are you sure its meant to be a 23psi cap? where did you find that?

mine has a nissan 88kpa (13psi) cap, but its not the original.
Lately I have been losing coolant either from the cap or the overflow bottle, not exactly sure which but i see its leaking from around there, but it only does it sometimes on long (4 hour +) trips and loses about half a litre when it does it.

the tridon website lists 13psi for the zd30 navara.

Could be wrong and the manual is a bit ambiguous, but seems to specify 11-14 psi operating range for the cap, and to use 23 psi when checking for leaks. So perhaps someone has confused these?

Sorry guy I'm a dumb ass call me a dumb ass the 23 psi is testing for leaks pressure she takes a 14 psi cap the manual I have is a bit confusing to fine what your looking for

Sorry guys and thanks for the replies any way klompa

Could be wrong and the manual is a bit ambiguous, but seems to specify 11-14 psi operating range for the cap, and to use 23 psi when checking for leaks. So perhaps someone has confused these?
Yes you are right but my excuse is I had a few beers in me

Not a problem at all klompa. Hope you get it sorted.

One problem with all of these small diesels seems to be that they don't like getting too hot. Once the temp gauge starts to move above normal, it can already be too late (head gone). Hope yours isn't. Good luck with it.

Yeah I'm gonna get a co test this weekend hopefully all is good.

Back