D22 YD25 dual battery life expectancy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony d22

Reaction score
I have just started to notice that the ute is geting a little hard to start in the morning.
The odometer lights fade right down before firing up.
The batteries are on the way out.

It will be 5 years in July since purchase.

Is everyone getting about the same from the standard GS + One batteries?

Did you change them out for a higher CCA rating?

Not looking for an auxillary set up, just standard factory.

Last edited:
I have just started to notice that the ute is geting a little hard to start in the morning.
The odometer lights fade right down before firing up.
The batteries are on the way out.

It will be 5 years in July since purchase.

Is everyone getting about the same from the standard Panasonic batteries?

Did you change them out for a higher CCA rating?

Not looking for an auxillary set up, just standard factory.

when mine died i got the one reccomended in Bosch catalogue for the D22.
S4 12V 95Ah 830A Bosch battery. factory one is much smaller capacity one just 68Ah i think.

I replaced mine with 2 supercharge gold,from memory they are 720cca each

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Just had a look at the batteries and found the passenger side battery had bugger all water in it.
Topped it up and the ute has been running for a good 15 mins, will let it go for another 15.
The morning start will tell me if I saved the battery or not.

if it's still sluggish to start, best off to swing by a battery shop and get them to load tested. i'll bet though they will tell you to change them regardless, purely on their age!

My original is at 4 and 1/2 years and still ok. In the past with my cars and utes, despite shelling out good money for fatter, bigger CCA batteries, nothing seems lasts longer than the OEM Bat it came with.

Go figure.

Edit: Grammar. Never use a keyboard with a few beers on board :)

Last edited:
I changed the batteries in my 2009 D22 last year as I could notice that it was getting harder to start. Put in 2 x Optima Yellow Top D34 (750 CCA, 55AH). The only drama with fitment was moving the earth on the passenger side of the vehicle because the yellow top d34's aren't available in reverse pole configuration (red top version can be supplied in reverse pole). I paid $305 each delivered from 4WD Extreme on Ebay and had no issues with them.

I have one of the first dual battery models, 2009 model, still going strong. I've had to top up water levels twice.

I got 5 years out of my two stockers and then they seemed to be using a lot of water so I changed them over.

Got one Supercharge MF95D31L Gold 810 CCA as the cranker then a Amptech 80ah deep cycle on the passenger side and a CTEK D250S to keep it all charged and isolated.

mine is 4.5yrs old too...no probs at all

only wish the next battery will last as long...some how dont believe so at all

Latest posts

Back