D22 overheating

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtvan

Reaction score
My D22 has had a new radiator and new water pump but is still overheating. At slow speeds it heats up quickly and I have to either turn the ignition off or speed up. This morning it seems to have got worse and is now overheating at anything under 30kph (approx) Not using cooling fluid and no oil contamination. Am on the Gibb River Rd and ambient temperature over 40C. Not sure I will make Kunnunurra. Any suggestions as to what I should check/do would be really appreciated.

check the clutch fan
they run oil (similar to a torque converter) and sometimes need new oil
it could be the problem
cheers

at high revs ie cruising speed the clutch fan is designed to slow down
at low revs ie idle its designed to spin at engine revs as there is no forced air going through radiator
if the oil is buggered or leaking out that would explain why its overheating at slow speed
at highway speed theres enough airflow to keep engine cool without a fan

Thanks for that. The viscous coupling on the fan has been replaced and fan operates okay. Am in Kununurra but the Nissan agent is booked out for three weeks and just doesn't seem interested in travellers. One mechanic told me he suspected a problem with the head gasket another told me probably thermostat. Will replace the thermostat and see if that has any affect.

^ Dude, you posted in the wrong section.

I am sure some of the D40 drivers and Krankin could use a new handbag.

Oh and on the topic. What condition is the condensor in ?

Radiator cap pressurising the system ?

Whats been done to the ute ? Bodylift ?

dirtvan said:
Thanks for that. The viscous coupling on the fan has been replaced and fan operates okay. Am in Kununurra but the Nissan agent is booked out for three weeks and just doesn't seem interested in travellers. One mechanic told me he suspected a problem with the head gasket another told me probably thermostat. Will replace the thermostat and see if that has any affect.

A good way to test if it's a thermostat. I did this with my sister in laws camery. Put the COLD thermostat in COLD water in a saucepan. Turn on. As it heats up you SHOULD see the thermostat open up...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Last edited:
Also if radiator cap had a slight crack in it. This will cause over heating too. As cooling chamber must be pressurized.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Welcome to this site, I am a new member since last night. Hope we can share interesting insights as we get along in this forum

Cheap Ray-Ban Sunglasses
Tory Burch Handbags
Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts
meizitang slimming capsule

^ Dude, you posted in the wrong section.

I am sure some of the D40 drivers and Krankin could use a new handbag.

Oh and on the topic. What condition is the condensor in ?

Radiator cap pressurising the system ?

Whats been done to the ute ? Bodylift ?

Already banned him.

Was taking a shot at Krankin.

Latest posts

Back