D22 newbie!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eaglerock

Reaction score
Hey guys im new to the site and new to 4x4's.
I have just baught a 2003 ST-R 3.0td manual dual cab with nearly 140,000km. It is missing books and service history. Although the guy said he services regularly we spent yesterday changing engine oil and filter, front diff oil, rear lsd oil, transmission oil, transfer case oil, fuel filter and air filter. Atleast now i know its all been done.
Ironic how the oils come in container sizes just under what is needed to refill!
It is going to be my daily driver and also to get me down to salt creek fishing when im allowed!
Any thing i have missed and should do or any advice would be really appreciated, im not sure on any modifications yet although after looking through here that might change quickly!
Thanks in advance.

probably do the EGR butterfly mod and maybe install a catch can? seems to be what most of the guys do.

Welcome aboard the band wagon mate, i recommend checkin out everybody elses garages and seein what we have all done. The 2 most popular mods to start of with are a decent set of tyres and a lift

defintely the EGR mod, make ur engine last longer. does it have a canopy or storage box in the back?

Welcome to the forum.
I think the best mods to do first are generally the cheapest, a tray liner, window tint and maybe a new radio. All this can be done for around $400 each.
It's a good way to do things to the ute while you think about suspension and bullbars.

Hey thanks for the advice guys, i had a look at some of the catch can set ups and found that it has already been done. Its bolted on to the fuel filter setup looks neat and tidy. Stereo was upgraded by the last owner headunit, 4 speakers, amp and sub...possible overkill but its there now so ill leave it! One pain in the butt was no anchor points for the little fellas car seat so ive found a local place that will install two points and certify for $350, i think they anchor to the floor then brace off the rear wall if i understood right. No canopy as yet just roll bar and soft cover. Picked up some IPF spotties off my neighbour and a wiring kit from ebay so night driving is a little easier now. Hopefully hit the beach this weekend maybe the murray mouth to start with as my experience is limited...step it up to salt creek next weekend!

Latest posts

Back