D22 gearstick surround clip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eaglerock

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Cant seem to find anything on here about the gear stick surround clip on my 03 d22 str navara. The little lugs that hold the leather piece around the gearstick and 4x4 selector have all snapped off so it will clip down but will not hold the leather in place. I contacted nissan and they said i needed to buy a whole new console piece which was $360 mates rates! surely i can buy the plastic surround piece seperate. I am in adelaide so any ideas on where to find this would be much appreciated.
Cheers Brendan

Hey guys,
Cant seem to find anything on here about the gear stick surround clip on my 03 d22 str navara. The little lugs that hold the leather piece around the gearstick and 4x4 selector have all snapped off so it will clip down but will not hold the leather in place. I contacted nissan and they said i needed to buy a whole new console piece which was $360 mates rates! surely i can buy the plastic surround piece seperate. I am in adelaide so any ideas on where to find this would be much appreciated.
Cheers Brendan

Mine has done the same it's bloody frustrating as hell looking at it.... Nissan said the same for me and I nearly fell over haha

If two ain't spinnin' you just ain't winnin'

Yeah i cant find anything on ebay like it either and im sure not paying that much! Guessing wreckers are gonna be me best bet at the moment.

i have had the same issue. got told 230 through a mate at nissan. yet to get it tho, seems steep to me. almost worth a custom console

Yeah i cant find anything on ebay like it either and im sure not paying that much! Guessing wreckers are gonna be me best bet at the moment.

Probably haha btw where are there any wreckers that have D22 Navara's? I'm in Victoria and cannot find any!

Try Paradise Auto Spares in Adelaide (Main Nth Rd from memory, or was it NE Rd?). They usually have heaps of stuff.

Hey guys,
Cheers Brendan

I did this last week, my mate who is does upholstery to me to take out the shitty warped metal then just get some super glue and a skrew driver and just slowly work your way around, it's bloody strong and look brand spanking, this could just be a temporary fix untill nissan get back to you which is.... never haha good luck

Same problem.

I ended up using silicone to "glue" the leather to the black surround.

The black surround still clips in and out of the rest of the floor console so can be removed if need be.

just do what they do on the 2012 model from factory and use zippy ties.
not joking either, thats how my boot is held to the console straight from factory.
thanks nissan ;)

Anyone noticed the amount of heat that generates under it? I leave my iPhone in there and on a recent trip from Merimbula NSW to Melbourne after the phone sitting there most of the trip it came up "too hot to operate" on the screen. Felt the area and it was pretty damn hot!

Hey guys i had the same issue i took it out of the car ( the plastic surround and the pleather) unscrew the gear knob off and then i put it upside down on a few rags and put it in place as then ran a thick bead of sicoflex around it and leave it a day or so to dry and it will hold it

Back