D22 Auto lock Hard Lids

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been looking at the hard top covers from- adelaide ute accessories, And flat top -products.The ones from flat top seem better with the auto locking system,Ordered mine yesterday

By the looks of it this is only for 09 onwards.

trev here, yes thats right the Flat top D22s are only for Thai build and latest Jap builds (since the Thai floods) series 5 tubs.
***** - i have an interest in Flat Top (my son Dean runs it ) ****

Not sure what brand I have, looks like a Flat Top, but I have to check to be sure, could be Tuff Tonneau

Mine is fitted to a 2011 Navara (Manual Locking), Im not happy with it, they used dodgy washers to pack one hinge out as it was not in alignment properly, after a couple weeks the locks came loose (one was installed back to front as well) then the rubber washers for the locks perished, they used 3 silver screws on one hinge and 3 gold screws on the other, its quite heavy as its fiberglass so removal is harder (requires 2 strong people), run marks on the paint around the edges, carpet on the inside is bubble up every where, all in all it is a low quality product compered to the factory fitted one on my Colorado, this one is light weight and can be removed by one person, has a central single push button lock system that locks the lid even when left unlocked (Via the key), the Nav one has to be locked/unlocked with the keys every time, very annoying

The only good things I have to say about it, is its very solid and the gas struts are long so it opens quite high giving you good access to the back.

I suggest when purchasing, ask if there Fiberglass or Plastic as it makes a huge difference to the weight, lighter is better, much easier to handle and cheaper for fuel, I should have asked my self, I just assumed it would be like my Colorado one as it was being fitted through a Nissan dealer.

End of rant

Cheers

KFK

Last edited:
na the flat top has twin locks , its weighs 18kg only . D22 tubs can be outta square by up to 8mm ,so all lids have to be squared up to rear . normally the hinge bar across the front is adjusted to suit.

I had one installed from the dealership, picked it up on Friday, it is a Flat Top brand auto remote locking, 2 locks either side, with an overlip tub liner. Shes amazing right now!

flat top autoremotes

soory dave i tried to answer but the "puppies" flashing at be make me loose focus???lol
the lidlok autoremotes are twin servo locks , they operate off seperate key fob. there are single servo lock around , but in my view if it fails your stuffed? even more if there is a release trip wire , you might as well put a sign up (steal me!!) The chassis on the d22 flexes a bit so just watch rub points if the tub is out of square , dealers know to square the install to the rear tailgate so normally not an issue. there is a nylon pivot washer that wears a little when new, the latch may slow up engaging, just crack the pivot knut a little and youre set?? trev

hay guys
i have a flat top hard lid im fairly pleased with it love the look. Apart from the hinge screws are far too light! all mine sheared off after 50 k on a graded road to Kalbarri (not really off road) now got bigger tec screws and the rub on the cab from the hinge. Also sitting in the sun all the foam comes off the edges but with a bit of sikka flex all good, the locks sit at a slight angle so the sealing rubber gets distorted. but all in all a fairly robust bit of kit with a very good paint finish

Trev

CAn the old style with the twin lock be converted to the auto release?

Cheers Rosifumi

Lids -autoremote options

Yes had a problem with the self adhesive on the back of the foam seal , now heat bonded.
I'll have a look at the hing strength bond -thanks

heres a you- tube option from Flat Top, it actually achieves rear gate security because you cant open it when closed anyway!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOHOZtQsuHstrev

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back