d22 2.5 str boost gauge install????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickd33

Reaction score
hey guys i know this has prob been posted a million times, but im struggling to install my boost gauge....
iv been told to tap into the wastegate, or drill into the cold side pipe of the intercooler???
what suggestions do you guys have????
also best spot to install the gauge anyone got pics?
cheers

This is how I did mine mate, best way I think. If you ever want to change anything with the intercooler it won't matter.

image-2995917592.jpg

Where that one is will give you the same reading that the motor is seeing. I have mine just with the plastic t piece that autometer give you fitting into the hose that goes from the compressor housing on the turbo to the wastegate. Have never had a problem with it there and it has been fitted for probably nearly 6 years now

Where that one is will give you the same reading that the motor is seeing. I have mine just with the plastic t piece that autometer give you fitting into the hose that goes from the compressor housing on the turbo to the wastegate. Have never had a problem with it there and it has been fitted for probably nearly 6 years now
I wasn't given the "T" piece to install mine. It's where I'd prefer to do it bit I think the previous photo might be my only option. I'm not really a fan of the idea of drilling into my pipes though

At least you can remove that section of pipe to drill and tap it. The d22s are a pain because they haven't got a boost sensor, so your only options are the wastegate line or drilling and tapping the intake system somewhere...

Back