Confused!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveClayton

Reaction score
Ok I'm well and truly confused by suspension.
Here's what I want.

My ute to ride higher, be able to fit bigger wheels and tyres and to have better clearance off road. I don't carry big loads so I don't need a heavy duty kit.

Well jeez that seems to open up a whole world of issues.

Arb quoted me 1700 for their OME setup, fitted. However, said it would only raise ride height by 30mm. Seems like a complete waste of time in my opinion.
The bloke also said that I wouldn't be able to fit 33's even with a lift...

All I want is for someone to say 'here call this awesome garage in sydney, they will sort you out for under $2000 and won't screw your car up' ha!

hey call this awesome guy in Brisbane
he will sort you out with no bullshit
his name is ZORDO
he is legendary in these parts

wholesale suspension in Penrith. They do a massive amounts of 4x4's or superior offroad in Smithfield. Both guys do great work and should get you what you want without breaking the bank. if budget is the main drive id try superior offroad in smithfield first

Ok I'm well and truly confused by suspension.

Here's what I want.

My ute to ride higher, be able to fit bigger wheels and tyres and to have better clearance off road. I don't carry big loads so I don't need a heavy duty kit.

Well jeez that seems to open up a whole world of issues.

Arb quoted me 1700 for their OME setup, fitted. However, said it would only raise ride height by 30mm. Seems like a complete waste of time in my opinion.

The bloke also said that I wouldn't be able to fit 33's even with a lift...

All I want is for someone to say 'here call this awesome garage in sydney, they will sort you out for under $2000 and won't screw your car up' ha!

I'm looking at getting the OME set up put into my ride next week and it's only $1560 in Newcastle. However, this is with me keeping the stock torsion bars as he said without a winch I won't need the HD upgrades.
I was hoping to get the lift to get a little extra clearance for a nice set of wheels. Hmm I'm thinking I need to rethink my options...

most places will quote 30-40mm lift for a d22, due to the front arms.

to get 50mm you really need to shave the bump stops and run camber...that will cause bad tyre wear and bad CV angles
to get a proper 2inch lift you need replacement front arms and this will let you run 2 to 3 inchs lift at the front.

the rear is easy, change leaf pack and shocks and go as high as you want.

TBH - you would need to look at 3inch kit for 33's
check this link and the video in the link - http://www.snakeracing.com.au/d22_navara.html
They sell what seems to be an identical kit to calamari in the US but have a bigger price tag.

for 2k your not going to get the arms and leafs, maybe arms and extended shackles.

Most lift kits of the shelf will be replacement leafs + replacement shocks and wind up the front tortion bar to its limits.....while it works, its not a true 2inch lift....

most places will quote 30-40mm lift for a d22, due to the front arms.

To get 50mm you really need to shave the bump stops and run camber...that will cause bad tyre wear and bad cv angles
to get a proper 2inch lift you need replacement front arms and this will let you run 2 to 3 inchs lift at the front.

The rear is easy, change leaf pack and shocks and go as high as you want.

Tbh - you would need to look at 3inch kit for 33's
check this link and the video in the link - http://www.snakeracing.com.au/d22_navara.html
they sell what seems to be an identical kit to calamari in the us but have a bigger price tag.

For 2k your not going to get the arms and leafs, maybe arms and extended shackles.

Most lift kits of the shelf will be replacement leafs + replacement shocks and wind up the front tortion bar to its limits.....while it works, its not a true 2inch lift....

mmm something fishy going on here,the kit snake racing sell is the
"calamari" one (or should i say calmini) and yes they charge you a lot more that is why they are called snake racing.

If you don't want problems contact Zordo and stay away from ARB. The OME kit will not deliver what you want unless you want similar to a stock setup. If you are going to use the calmini arms then buy them direct from the states through pure nissan.com.
Heaps of treads on these topics.
Cheers.

Back