Col's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yagadam

Reaction score
Hey all,

Names colin, I'm in perth. Love getting out 4wding and slowly adding more and more to my D22

So far has ECB bullbar, light force spotties, full soundstream sound system, 2" suspension lift, 3" body lift along with 35" Micky T's baja claws on 16inch advanti off road rims
FMIC and chip and a lot of other little additions inside..

Next week I'm grabbing some roof racks + awning, then will look at some rock sliders and possibly a canopy if I can find a cheap second hand one.

When tyres wear out (they're about 30-40%) I'm wondering if I should go down to 33's? Anyone have any advice for or against staying with the big 35's or going down to 33's?

Wicked forum with heaps of info, cheers all

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386055385.609341.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386055405.709756.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386055419.877680.jpg

Welcome aboard!

The larger tyres look wicked and they'll be a benefit when off-road, especially when you need diff clearance!

They have a price - both power and economy are compromised because you're changing the final drive ratio. What some people do is have a set of standard wheels for day to day driving and the large wheels for "excursions".

Hi and Welcome, if you have stock gearing the 35's will suck (looks great though) for towing especially, go back to 33's or have two sets as Tony said.

Funnily enough I dont have any power problems the chip really helps with torque I have no troubles with that it was more cost of 35s/wear rate/do I really need them vs 33s

Just picked up a 2nd hand ARB canopy which ill chuck on tomorrow along with some rhino racks and an awning :)..

Any advice on getting drawers and fridge slide made/who to go with? I'm not handy with carpet and plywood to do it myself..

One of my tyres side walls got shredded yesterday :(.

Think it's time to go down to 285/75R16s.

Any recommendations on brand?

And will it look alright having 33" with a 2" suspension lift and 3" body lift?

It will look fine mate. Brand depends on your price range and what type of tyre you want. I would go with the bfg all terrains personally. They are big bucks though

Hey mate what size rims are the 35's for?

Might know a bloke who will buy one off you if they are for a 16" rim, only thing is he needs it today or tomorrow.

Hey dan they are off a 16 inch rim yes.

And they will be removed from my car in about 2 hours time.

Well had a slight upset when I smashed my front diff on a dune. Had to get it rebuilt and my locker got destroyed in the process.

All new diff + cv joints in now.

Roof racks + awning + roof cage on.

Brand new 285/75R16s Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 fitted

Booked in Tuesday for a 2.5" turbo back exhaust..still unsure if that's the best option or if 3" is better???

Will update pics soon.

Latest posts

Back