Clarky...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm incorrect. Apparently with the genuine bar the winch mounts to the bar not the chassis like a TJM bar or the likes

Well it's good news for both of us. Glad I figured it out before I bought a TJM
Bar.

I have the TJM Deluxe Steel BB and the winch sits in a cradle attached to the bar. Pics in my ride thread if it helps.

Jason said:
I have the TJM Deluxe Steel BB and the winch sits in a cradle attached to the bar. Pics in my ride thread if it helps.

From your thread it show the cradles mounted to the chassis rails doesnt it?

Or maybe I am blind? Are they the bullbar
Mounts still attached? I'm a tad blind and cant see much on my mobile

Ah so if a body lift is done when the bracket gets lifted then the winch will also be lifted. That's goo news. Cheers :)

Depends,

It's generally easier to lift the BB on the top of the bracket to suit the body lift, which means the winch will stay in its normal position. To have the winch rise two inches you would need to raise the brackets on the chassis which I imagine would be quite difficult.

What you'd have to do is drill the top chassis hole 2 inch lower and drill the lower bullbar mount hole two inches higher. Then it should
Match all up lifting the bar and the winch

You couldn't do it with the TJM brackets, physically not possible. Checkout the shape/layout of the brackets:

IMG_6593Medium.jpg

Short of cutting them and extending them.

You could relocate the hole in both bar and mount but I am doing the other option this weekend of welding on an extension on top of the mount, already arranged the 6mm plate offcuts. Then its just 10 new holes 50mm higher and also will need to fab up a new AC dryer protector.

Last edited:
FatBoy89 said:
Any updates?

Nah, haven't had time/motivation to go working on the truck, plus I've got to move again real soon, so everything is getting packed up and put into storage, and I'm headed overseas for a month in September, so it'll be 2-3 months before I'm back working on the truck again, but I've got epic plans for it!

Epic? Trading her in for a patrol? :)

Come on FatBoy we all now that is not epic. To be honest I'd rather my nav over a patrol. Until I have family and need to extend to a camper trailer I will be keeping the nav.

I'm sure Josh has something up his sleeve. Maybe a solid axle conversion? Or some more trimmings?

Until I have family and need to extend to a camper trailer I will be keeping the nav.

Rusty.... I've got 3 kids and still plan to keep my Nav ;) The kids are still young (eldest is 10) and I'm still trying to out how to make it work with our kids. For the moment there's enough leg room as I've moved the seat forward to a point where its comfortable still to drive.... but I can as they get to teenages that room might be an issue.

Latest posts

Back