Chipit installed 2011 STX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tryharder

Reaction score
After the lift and new tyres (275/70-17)'s dulled the performance somewhat, I thought a little more power would be in order so got onto Robert and got myself a plugin. Hooked it all up, drove around the block on the default tune 4, yep, much better. Loaded up tune 7, much, much better. Actually, it's very impressive and one of my last cars was a 534 rear wheel kw F6 with over 1000Nm of torque all at the wheels.

I'm going to put in the EGT probe in the next week or so and then load some of the wilder tunes!

So yep, highly recommended. Who gives a rats bum how much more diesel it uses. I'm sure I can spring a few more dollars a week for this.

Sounds that the chipit was worth it. I recently fitted bigger tyres on to my Nav and noticed the less power. When you fitted the chip with default tune 4, did all the power return as if you didn't fit the bigger tyres or was it even more than that? How is your takeoff now? Is your a auto or manual? Cheers

Mines an auto mate.

Even on tune 4, it feels as though it has more power than standard.

I'm also lugging around a canopy, storage drawers full of tools, dual battery and a water bladder (up to 110 litres) in the tray.

On tune 7 now, it feels better than it did stock with none of this crap in the tray.

Mine doesn't have a DPF either - it is the updated motor.

Awesome. Yes your is the updated one, 140kw with 450Nm which mine is the earlier version with 128kw and 403Nm. I think I need the chip even more! Did you do the EGR blanking aswell?

how much did you pay for the chip if you dont mind me asking, and did you have it custom tuned or are you just loading the pre set ones? and did you get the optional injector tuning plug in?

Mine is the 140/450 motor yep.

Just loading the supplied tunes, runs perfect.

I just spoke with Robert at Chipit and ordered it full tilt with the 10% forum discount whatever that turned out to be - including the EGT gauge controller which I haven't installed yet.

Definitely worth it. Highly recommended. Heading to Fraser in two weeks and am looking forward to turning those big tyres!

Latest posts

Back