checking boost sensor for faults

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longy509

Reaction score
Hi the last month or so the nav has been blowing a shitload of smoke today i went to pull the boost sensor out for a clean and noticed that it was only just hanging on one bolt was gone and the other half way out so the sensor was pretty loose and flapping around,

So my question is would this be the cause of all the smoke and how do i test the sensor to make sure it is not broken.

Cheers,
Longy

If you apply 5V to the input of the sensor then subject it to a vacuum of around 2psi it should read under 1V on its output. Apply pressure to about 36psi and it should read 5V. It should be a fairly linear increase between.

If it still has the plug on it and the hose on the bottom it will be fine mate.flapping or no flapping....but id bolt her back down.

Hi the last month or so the nav has been blowing a shitload of smoke today i went to pull the boost sensor out for a clean and noticed that it was only just hanging on one bolt was gone and the other half way out so the sensor was pretty loose and flapping around,

So my question is would this be the cause of all the smoke and how do i test the sensor to make sure it is not broken.

Cheers,
Longy

Your running a chipit still right? Summer months the air temp goes up and the air thins out a fair bit..
Thin air means less air and less air means bad air fuel ratios..wind her back a bit or just inplug it for a test run.it should improve...ive dropped the tune levels from 13 to 8 and im still smoking.

Cheers mate cleaned it up bolted it back down changed the air filter and cleaned the mafs and turned the chip off only getting a small puff now so all good. Tune 13 you wouldnt be able to see behind the ute through the black cloud would u lol

Sometimes i wish mine blew that much it would be great to choke all the cyclists that ride 4 wide in the 100kmh zones around here its only a matter of time untill one of them gets run over the rds are narrow windy and bumpy

Latest posts

Back