Cheap performance mods 08 d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here we go again, fucck off you fool!.

I will apologise for the happy pills comment

But ffs I was one of four who commented on wtf your comment was about and you fly off the handle. Then you cracked the shits cause you didn't like the return fire. It's not the first time you have and I doubt it will be the last.

There's no need to be a smart arse arrogant **** cause your having a shit day. Everyone is just trying to help out or have an informative read, no need to be a dickhead because people are trying to understand your post. A clarification would have been fine.

If you think that is the case so be it, I know a tad more than you may, put the grog down and let the forum be normal fella, all the best for the new year.

I believe I have said a number of times on this forum I don't have the knowledge some have, and never said that I knew more than you.

Take a deep breath, put down the bong and re-read posts 8 through 14 and things might start clicking.

Enjoy your family time john. I might continue browsing and not belittling people who merely come to the same conclusion as other members.

I believe I have said a number of times on this forum I don't have the knowledge some have, and never said that I knew more than you.

Take a deep breath, put down the bong and re-read posts 8 through 14 and things might start clicking.

Enjoy your family time john. I might continue browsing and not belittling people who merely come to the same conclusion as other members.

Again all the best for the new year bloke, take care.

i believe i have said a number of times on this forum i don't have the knowledge some have, and never said that i knew more than you. Take a deep breath, put down the bong and re-read posts 8 through 14 and things might start clicking. Enjoy your family time john. I might continue browsing and not belittling people who merely come to the same conclusion as other members.

wow!!!!!!

Shows how things can go off topic, calling one a wanker and take your pills will result in foul comments back. The end result is the op is probably more confused now, I hope he finds what he is after.

80k now with chip exhaust and 19psi boost, tow a 1 tonne trailer every day van was 1.7tonne, not far off V9X power I've not snapped a chain, just under 3 tonne now with 32's and near 3 tonne weight. I still return 10/100 driving hard.

118 kwts, detuned to 109 at the wheels that is. around 155hp safely managed over 80 thousand kms.

Shows how things can go off topic, calling one a wanker and take your pills will result in foul comments back. The end result is the op is probably more confused now, I hope he finds what he is after.

Belittling and insulting people who are on fact clarifying your post in relation to other people's posts will also result in such comments

118 kwts, detuned to 109 at the wheels that is. around 155hp safely managed over 80 thousand kms.

Glad we got there in the end.

As I was getting at, you've had that setup for 80000km without breaking a timing chain as others suggested may happen when chip increases power.

Moving on...
Go with what you can afford and what think you will be happy with, try to buy from reputable dealers and do your research. Enjoy your D22 dude they are a nice truck.

I went with a 3" Xforce system for my zd30 and am happy with it (just gotta get that rear muffler out when I get around to it), but upon my travels through the exhaust related threads I did read something about the yd25 being better of with the 2.75" systems but can't remember why

Last edited:
Yep correct mate 2.75 is best suited to our little donks, Beaudesert did a few dyno runs and got best results with that. Nothing wrong with a 3 inch, the standard system is very basic.

what turns me off in fitting a chip -it unit is the extra horse power gained from this does add more strain on internal engine componants such as the timing chain stretching , piston failures etc. look at the higher KW D-40 engines for example, arn,t these engines more prone to busting timing chains as opposed to the lower KW D-22 engines ? more power = breakage.
i must admit i know bugger all how these units work but i am correct in saying more horse power is gained . as mentioned; [ pipe it ] means better exhaust system such as the 2.75 free flow complete turbo back system, gains in power are definetly noticed going by my sons D-22 with a good exhaust system compared to my stock D-22. MERRY XMASS .

what turns me off in fitting a chip -it unit is the extra horse power gained from this does add more strain on internal engine componants such as the timing chain stretching , piston failures etc. look at the higher KW D-40 engines for example, arn,t these engines more prone to busting timing chains as opposed to the lower KW D-22 engines ? more power = breakage.
i must admit i know bugger all how these units work but i am correct in saying more horse power is gained . as mentioned; [ pipe it ] means better exhaust system such as the 2.75 free flow complete turbo back system, gains in power are definetly noticed going by my sons D-22 with a good exhaust system compared to my stock D-22. MERRY XMASS .

Good point Jonney, however you seldom hear of breakages due to a chip. Toyota had issues with the 3ltr in chipped form, I'll probably go down the remap path if my chip fails, At the moment I'm more than pleased with the way it goes, and I have faith nothing is going to shit itself.

110000 klm with Dp chip,only prob I have had was from one tank of bad fuel from Woolworths Caltex.iI cant see what extra power has to do with timing chain unless you were over reving it,maybe faster engine spool up could affect it slightly but depends how you drive.

The only thing I can see from a chip affecting the timing chain, is increasing the fuel rail pressure. This will put more load on the high pressure pump and in turn put more pressure on the timing chain used to run it. How much of an effect this has would be hard to determine, considering from memory there have been no failures of d22 timing chains on this forum... maybe they used a higher quality single row chain in the d22s than they did in the d40s...?

Thx fellas .... What sort of kW (roughly) can I expect to gain by running 2.75" exhaust ? Remembering being paired with snorkel and egr blank .

Cheers and happy new year 👍🏻

Thx fellas .... What sort of kW (roughly) can I expect to gain by running 2.75" exhaust ? Remembering being paired with snorkel and egr blank .

Cheers and happy new year ����

Hi mate, I got about 13kw more with just the exhaust over the standard, with an earlier/stronger spool up.

Wasn't expecting that much so That's good hopefully I can find a cheap 2.75 turbo back and be laughing ... Ute drives better already with the egr and snorkel so if I could sneak in another 15kw or so I'd be cheering it's my everyday work ute so any extra power is good power 👍🏻

Has anyone done one of these hard pipes silicon hoses I keep hearing about ?? Is it worth it ?
734289996875a27314bc6449be50d076.jpg
/

Has anyone done one of these hard pipes silicon hoses I keep hearing about ?? Is it worth it ?
734289996875a27314bc6449be50d076.jpg
/
I was actually looking at these today. My mate replaced his pipes with aluminium (i think) on his D40 and said he noticed the difference right away. If i could find the same thing for my D22 ill be doing it for sure.
Let me know if you have change out your pipes already.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I don't think it would improve a D22 much unless the hoses had gone soft. The D40 has much longer pipes and runs higher boost, it's more likely to "balloon".

Latest posts

Back