Changing interior light globe

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve99

Reaction score
Fellas,

The interior light globe in my D40 Navara has blown. Does anyone now how to remove the cover from the light? I've poked,prodded and fiddled with the cover but haven't been able to remove it. I don't want to get too ham-fisted, just in case I break something. Anyone?

Front or rear light?
Front is pull the complete fitting down and rear is just take the cover off .
Front is wedged in tight and from memory you pull it down from the front but dont go ballistic or you could brake it .
I used to use a blunt butter knife to get between the roof liner and the fitting and then gently pull down on the edge of the fitting.

Ok so am guessing thats going to be the twin map lights and sunnies holder then?

This is it.

34xgj92.jpg

Ok same as the back light in a dual cab
If you look close you will see a small groove cover directly in front of the switch in the center position .Carefully use the tip of a blunt knife in that grove in the clear cover and gently lever it down .
The cover will pop out where the clear meets the gray plastic of the fitting .

If you want to brighten the cab with 'cool' white, I just replaced this globe with http://dx.com/s/sku+166794. You get 2 x 39mm LED festoons for $4.00 in about a week from our mates in China, so you've even got a spare when the LEDs give out in 20 years or so :). Might need a hat to stop your head getting sunburned...if you drive with the interior light on.

I put leds in mine last week,massive difference,can read the melways now without squinting.

Latest posts

Back