Changed out fluid in front and rear diff, transfer case and gearbox today.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tms40

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As title states I did a bit of overdue maintenance today. All went well except the manual 2014 D40 gearbox states 4.3 litre capacity.
In realty it only took about 3.7 litres till started spilling out of the filler hole. Have I stuffed up somehow?

Yeah ok, my bad there - didn't bloody well read it goodly did I? Who's the numpty now, eh?

There are 4 different versions of the manual box (FS6R31A) - one each for the petrol 2WD and 4WD and for the diesel 2WD and 4WD.

In that order exactly, oil capacities are 3.98L, 4.18L, 3.99L and 4.32L.

600ml difference is a reasonable amount. Does it still change gear properly? After having taken it for a brief drive, did the level settle any?

Yeah ok, my bad there - didn't bloody well read it goodly did I? Who's the numpty now, eh?

There are 4 different versions of the manual box (FS6R31A) - one each for the petrol 2WD and 4WD and for the diesel 2WD and 4WD.

In that order exactly, oil capacities are 3.98L, 4.18L, 3.99L and 4.32L.

600ml difference is a reasonable amount. Does it still change gear properly? After having taken it for a brief drive, did the level settle any?
I’m yet to re-check the fluid level. I’ve got a few days off coming up and I’ll have a look. It drives nice and smooth through the gear changes so I’m hoping all is ok.

manual 2014 D40 gearbox states 4.3 litre capacity.
In realty it only took about 3.7 litres
0.6 litre difference. thats nothing, you will get quite a bit of oil stuck in the box. they never drain perfectly.
just make sure the utes not sitting on an angle.

Latest posts

Back