Catch Can or Not ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonney

Reaction score
guys, is it really worth the money spent on buying and fitting a Catch Can ?
i am 50 / 50 on this as my d22 is quite new with approx 12 k on the clock and my sons d22 has approx 35k on the clock, my vehicle warrantee issues is my main concern as fitting this unit may void any engine fault warranty that could happen . we both have fitted the EGR blanking plate which i must say is very simple and quick to remove if needed compared to removing the catch can unit / plumbing. so what do yous reacon ?

shouldnt void the warranty as all your doing is trapping the oil. your not really changing the emissions set up, just stopping the oil going back into your engine and intercooler. just have a talk to nissan.

A catch can is only doing your engine good.
If your okay with a blocked egr and removing it should a warranty issue arise, a catch can would take the same amount of time ( no word of a lie) to remove and replace if you kept the old piping.

Definitely worth it. "Shouldn't" affect warranty as long as you are not affecting the running "dynamics" of the engine. IE. Fitting a cheap catch can that may cause the PCV to pressurise, would be such an example. There are a few guys on other forums that have fitted and had no warranty issues... As some will be aware each dealership uses there own oils( NOT always Nissan Genuine oil) varies state to state, also some dealerships use aftermarket filters when genuine stock is unavailable.))Google is your "friend"

Nathan

Forefront one has same size inlet and out as standard pvc pipe.Also has as a pressure release valve.
Perfect bit of gear in my opinion

thanks guys. now the Forefront Brand Catch Can seems o.k. what else do i have to buy to have this can working? i don,t know where the pipes run to.

Depending on where you setup the CC will depend (obviously) on the amount of oil resisant (would be best)hose you'd need. Couple of hose clamps. Also some type of tap for a drain. I used a petcock valve with a small reducer to make it work

looking under my bonnet there is really no room to mount this c/ can other than on the drivers side which i feel is not that suitable due to extra hose lenghts needed to reach both inlet and outlets on the engine. anyone have a pic of a lete model D22 that has the dual batteries with a catch can fitted ?

Had same problem...You will either have to pipe it to front cavity inside bulbar, or what I did was hang from intercooler till I get a bracket made to fit to firewall. I can take pics..If you want

Nathan

looking under my bonnet there is really no room to mount this c/ can other than on the drivers side which i feel is not that suitable due to extra hose lenghts needed to reach both inlet and outlets on the engine. anyone have a pic of a lete model D22 that has the dual batteries with a catch can fitted ?
If you want to fit a forefront one, have a look here http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=32160

I will have to put the other pics I have of the piping up again, but that is mounted on the inside of the passenger's side quarter panel, the couple of pics in there are to show the bracket and where the bolt holes are. Mine is a 2010 with the factory dual batteries.

You can sort of see it in this pic and you can see the hose routing. That is the small forefront one

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1440761850108.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1440761850108.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 144

I have an MTQ[Hammond rd Dandenong]catchcan fitted between air filter & fuel pump,havent mounted it as it sits in pretty snugly might put a zip tie on it at later date,best of all they only cost $70,will post pics.Hugh

Latest posts

Back